Job Title: Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst – M-KOPA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
M-KOPA Solar Uganda Profile:
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. The company was founded in 2011 by former executives behind M-PESA (the world’s leading mobile payment platform) on the belief that mobile technology could revolutionize energy services in emerging markets the same way it has already revolutionized the delivery of communications and financial services.
We are looking for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst for the Uganda office within Technology Department who’s resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done. Your main objective will be ensuring all software changes to be shipped meets set quality and security standards. The position will report to the Software Test Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of M-KOPA’s systems.
- Rigorous testing of M-KOPA’s application and channeling feedback to the development team in a clear, structured way.
- Analysing test output, identifying discrepancies, and clearly documenting defects.
- Writing test scripts to be used in the testing process.
- Working as a team to ensure that M-KOPA’s system meets the set quality measures.
- Building and refining M-KOPA’s testing tools and methodologies.
- Define and implement testing and verification strategies for both mobile and server platforms.
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Work with customer service, product, and development teams to identify and track bugs.
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Accountable for setting up and maintaining tools for test automation.
- Drive transformations in testing through automation to achieve higher levels of efficiency and reduce software testing time.
- Perform code reviews for automated tests for both mobile and backend components.
- Bachelors’ degree in any field but exceptions will be made for candidates who can show an exceptional track record in this area
- Any certification on Software Quality Assurance will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Preferred Candidate Profile
- Strong testing skills with the desire and ability to find bugs before others do
- Experience using software testing tools
- Experience building and working with automated testing
- Ability to differentiate between the developer’s and tester’s mindset
- Critical thinker with analytical skills and the ability to see the big picture while at the same time paying attention to minute details
- Hands-on experience with Agile Lifecycle Management Tools: Must be a self-starter, results-oriented, and a collaborative team player who can work with distributed teams
- Hands-on experience with Agile industry best practices, including version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Strong technical and analytical skills
How To Apply for M-KOPA Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.