Job Title: – LWF Uganda Jobs 2022 Project Assistant (Disaster Preparedness & Response)
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Project Officer – Disaster Preparedness and Response
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
The Project Assistant, under the supervision of the Project Officer, will take an active part in the implementation of the DG ECHO funded project that aims to manage disaster preparedness and response activities to reduce the impact of sudden epidemics, refugee influx, or natural disasters and secure a quick and efficient local first responders.
The project will support first responders such as Local and District Disaster Management Committees, local NGOs, and other local resources in the respective area of operation. The Project Assistant will work closely and coordinate with the local responders and other key stakeholders such as Disaster Management Committees, Office of the Prime Minister, DDR platforms, and District local government offices and institutions at the district level, securing a strong link to the first responders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project Implementation and planning
- The PA will contribute to the effective implementation of the Disaster Preparedness and Response project, ensuring that activities are implemented as laid out in the project document. This entails:
- Ensure community mobilization and sensitization of beneficiaries is conducted in an organized manner as per LWF guidelines;
- Work closely with community leaders, and government structures during registration and verification of beneficiaries ensuring the laid-out selection criteria are carefully followed;
- Attend workshops on disaster preparedness and response coordination meetings organized by the Consortium, government, and other partners at the district and sub-county whenever required;
- Participate in the capacity building of implementing partners in the intervention sectors such as cash transfer activities, protection activities, and accountability mechanisms among others;
- Participate in the distribution of project inputs;
- Coordinate with community, government structures, and other NGOs during the implementation of disaster preparedness activities (Sub County leaders, block leaders, camp commandants, Refugee welfare council;
- Ensure implementation of project activities according to work plan, and share project progress Reports with the Project Officer;
- Compile monthly and quarterly progress reports and share them with the Project Officer
- Participate in regular staff meetings;
- Ensure, in liaison with Project Officer that he/she operates in a secure environment and complies with security procedures and policies;
- Ensure optimal use of human resources, including promotion of teamwork and securing adequate training of staff and promotion of talented staff.
Reporting and Accountability
- Maintain an open dialogue with the beneficiaries to promote transparency and accountability including contributing to and implementing the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS);
- Identify, document, and disseminate best practices gained from DPR interventions in the areas of operation;
- Share the responsibility to maintain refugee community participation mechanisms in the camp, ensuring that the voices of men, women, boys, girls, and groups with specific needs are heard and represented.
- Promoting active participation of community structure and incentive workers, beneficiaries, and intermediaries in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Project activities as required;
- He/she is assigned to supervise, monitor, and support incentive workers for the effective implementation of field activities and observe the LWF code of conduct and core rules.
- Ensuring active participation of beneficiaries in programming as part of project implementation.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
All Interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 16 th May 2022
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.