Job Title: 2 Fresher Officers Financial Reporting – KCCA Jobs 2021
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Profile:
The Authority is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. The Authority is the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority
The Financial Reporting Officer is responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements for external use. Ensures that reports, filings and documentation complies with the company’s regulations, professional standards.
Roles and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Supervisor Financial Reporting for performing the following duties:-
1. Updating fixed assets register with new acquisitions, disposal, movements and revaluations in line with set guidelines and accounting standards.
2. Carrying out physical verification of assets monitoring and enforcing compliance with assets management guidelines in line with set guidelines.
3. Computing monthly depreciation and posting the relevant accounts in line with international public sector accounting standards.
4. Reconciling goods in transit and work in progress accounts in line with the accounting manual.
5. Preparing insurance claims and ensuring that the Authority receives appropriate compensation for assets that suffer insured risk.
6. Responding to queries and inquiries regarding assets management.
7. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree either in Commerce, or Finance, or Accounting, or any other relevant field from a recognized University/Institution. Professional qualification in Accounting in either ACCA or CIMA or CPA will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years working experience in accounting at Assistant Officer or Officer level in Government or from a reputable organization.
How To Apply for KCCA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.