Jobs at:Old Mutual
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 14 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience. .
• Manages, administers and executes audits for UAP-Old Mutual Life Assurance Uganda in accordance with the Group Internal Audit (GIA) methodology & quality standards
• Helps the business to deliver the strategic initiatives successfully by focusing on the significant risks, both existing and emerging.
• Participates in the development and implementation of risk-based audit plans.
• Provides independent opinion on risk & control environment for the business unit or processes.
• Challenges and influences the relevant executives to improve the governance, risk and control culture.
• Understands the risk profile of the business, gains and applies extensive industry knowledge in the various business lines. Interacts with and provides audit assurance to the Audit and Risk Committee.
• Engages with business unit process owners to agree on audit deliverables (risk assessments, control workshops and adequacy assessments), timeframes and issues audit findings in relation to work done.
• Conduct follow up audits to assess progress made on resolution of audit issues
• Provides clients with an understanding of GIA expectations and applies GIA protocols
Skills and Experience
2-3 years experience in a similar role
Bachelors Degree (B): Auditing, Managerial Accounting, Finance
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply