- Company: International Rescue Committee
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring that the vendors are timely paid using the Electronic fund transfer platforms and supporting in the day today finance activities to ensure they are performed in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The position will support Integra invoice coordination across country office program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The owner of the accounts payable email address
- Download vendor invoices, creates folders and deposits invoices per D4 and timely makes them accessible by every D4 finance invoice focal person.
- Separate invoices received by PO invoices and non-PO invoices, Manage the Accounts Payable invoices journal and files accordingly.
- Coordinate with Admin team to compile and submit admin related invoices through the AP invoice email.
- Ensure the statutory obligations are timely paid and vendor invoice journals are created.
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practices
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Review all the payment requests and ensure compliance and completeness of supporting documents before payments are made; ensuring timely payments.
- Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems
- Review payment vouchers, ensuring completeness of the documentation and consistency with IRC policies and procedures.
- Carry out Electronic Fund payments (Mobile money and online banking)
- Support completion of end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal or no errors.
- Review mobile money requests from the field offices by carrying out Name verifications alongside the created CSV files
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Implement the shared program costs (SPC) allocation at the field office.
- Support the process of preparation of the cash and bank accounting worksheet.
- University bachelor’s degree in accounting, Commerce or Finance.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience preferably in an international NGO and at least a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience working with EXCEL.
- Knowledge of working with Yo mobile money platform and experience with online banking payment platform.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills; ability to work with computers, effective communication, problem solving and decision making and ability to work under pressure.