Finance Officer, Arua
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Within Uganda , Yumbe , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the finance and support manager in West Nile, the overall objective of the finance officer is to ensure an effective, transparent, and efficient utilization of programme finance, compliance to donor requirements, DanChurchAid policies and local government laws. Provides timely financial information to management for decision making, ensures the books of accounts are promptly updated, timely vendor payments, reconciliations are performed and provide support to local partner capacity development. Works in close collaboration with programme team and other support units both at field offices and Kampala Head Office.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for implementing compliance of donor regulations, DanChurchAid accounting policy and local laws to ensure proper use of field programme finance. Take lead in donor verification and external audit.
• Monitor and reconcile bank accounts, ensure fund availability for smooth operations of programme activities. Work in collaboration with the programme teams in preparation of the quarterly cash forecast and share with DCA- Kampala Head Office.
• Maintain up to date books of accounts, check all the transactions posted and take necessary corrective actions to ensure quality report.
• Support programme team in implementation and planning of project activities through monitoring of project expenditure and development of new proposal budget.
• Through the support from the finance and support manager, communicate, inform, or explain donor new requirements and DanChurchAid accounting policy to the programme team and other support units.
• Collaborate and engage the project managers through periodic budget monitoring discussion to identify deficiency, take corrective actions in the implementation of project budget.
• Mentor and encourage the finance assistant, provide advice to programme team and other support units, and build the capacity of local partners and collaborate with the finance team at Kampala Head Office.
• Thoroughly review all supporting documents for correctness, compliance before making prompt payments to vendors and booking in the system. support in external audit and donor verification exercise.
• Conduct account reconciliations and ensure finance documents systematically filed.
• Ensure project expenditures are correctly coded, generate budget versus actuals report for discussion with project managers at the end of every month.
• Prepare donor report and support in the development of new project proposal budgets.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or BBA(Accounting), commerce and preferably with a CPA/ACCA accreditation.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role with an international organization.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Ability to prioritize work, pay attention to details and strong analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports.
• Financial and Information Technology Systems – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially MS Excel, Power point and MS Outlook. Knowledge and experience in the Maconomy systems Accounting software is preferred.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self-motivated to set initiatives and self-learn.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
DCA offers a salary package (Salary, Insurance & Pension) in accordance with the experience & DCA Uganda HR Manual. All suitable, qualified, and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through this link: National vacancies (danchurchaid.org)