Job Title: Technical Support Officer – ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ENGIE Energy Access Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Support Manager
ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Profile:
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This position will be part of the Global Support Team that is based in Kampala, Uganda, led by a Global Support Manager and working closely with the Global QA and R&D Teams. This is an incredible opportunity for a talented individual to join a high-performing team that is passionate about providing high quality energy to off-grid customers at the base of the financial pyramid. Key responsibilities will include triaging and responding to new support requests, implementing and improving support strategies and processes, documenting support challenges, and communicating cross-departmentally. Your efforts will make a meaningful impact by enabling EEA to continuously improve how we support our customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and respond through support ticketing system (ServiceDesk)
- Investigate, document, and resolve technical issues with products and tools throughout EEA markets and teams
- Iterate and response and prevention plans for common support requests
- Escalate high-impact or novel concerns to appropriate teams
- Generate and share reports to track and improve support team performance
Key Deliverables and Activities ?
- Field Team Support: Triage and solve support requests from field team members, through ticketing system or other communications as necessary, to ensure problems are solved quickly and effectively. Document fixes or interventions for training team and eliminating further instances of any new problem.
- New EEA Market Support: Assist new market operations with setup, training, and troubleshooting. Provide references and documentation to establish best practices among new team members.
- Analysis & Reporting: Regularly analyze global support ticketing, field team service records, and call center data to prioritize tool development, new training, or process improvements. Generate and share reports on such analyses and general support performance to management and other stakeholders.
- The applicant must hold a BS or greater (technical field preferred)
- Two years of experience working with electronics support, software support, or other technical support
- Experience with data analytics and troubleshooting
- Understanding of integrated software systems
- Ability to analyze problems, identify causes, and provide efficient solutions
- Language(s):? Excellent communication in English required. French is a plus
- Experience with SQL or other data-querying tools
- Experience in software debugging
- Passion for low-cost design for products used in the developing world
- Fluency in French, Swahili, or Portuguese
How To Apply for ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.