Job Title: Spirit Production Team Leader – Diageo Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Spirits Production Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Roles and responsibilities
Upholding standards through practices
- Own KPI targets across shifts as well as for the line/process.
- Set and deliver the team goals for quality, safety and waste
- Follow leader standard work and ensure all team members follow standard operating procedures
- Continuously drive for the next level of performance. Be bold on action planning and delivery
- Sign off production plan
- Interpret requirements e.g. Asset Care, 5S and deploy resources to make it happen.
- Completely accountable for planning and driving the Asset Care agenda for the shift
- Develop team morale, recognize great performance and take timely action to address under performance where necessary
Problem solving for performance
- Ensure proper application of RCPS through role modelling and leadership. Raise 5 why’s as defined by agreed trigger points and lead situational problem solving on shift.
- React immediately to issues as they are exposed. Own Accident reports and non-conforming product
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to discuss persistent performance issues.
Managing Change for continuous improvement
- Manage and build capability of the team
- Influence support functions to support their improvement initiatives
- Create a “high performing team”. Lead the team through defined phases of development. Identify capability needs of the team members and the team.
Qualifications for Diageo Uganda Jobs 2021
- Advanced formal training or further education or qualified through experience
- NEBOSH qualification or willing to complete it within 12 months
- Relevant IBD qualification (General Certificate in Spirits/Beer Packaging) or willing to complete within 12 months
- At least three years’ experience in production management. Ideally in a shift based FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage people performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team of between 10 to 20 people.
- Proactive structured problem evaluation & solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or Manufacturing excellence.
- Experience of working in a challenging quality & customer focused FMCG environment.
- Basic financial awareness, understanding of business drivers, budgeting processes.
- Standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages.
- Is experienced of working within the Performance Management structure of KPI’s and Tier Review Meeting Structure
- Has a proven track record in adherence to Core Process and Standards
- Demonstrates role model behaviour and coaches others to follow a consistent approach and go beyond mandatory minimum requirements
- Proactively leverages the learning curriculums and materials on Diageo Academy and other sources to continuously grow and develop in role.
- Win through Execution – Lead bold execution in a fast moving world
- Inspire through Purpose – Amplify our purpose internally and externally
- Shape the Future – Create focus and ownership for shaping Diageo’s future ambition
- Invest in Talent – Harness the full extent of Diageo’s talent and diversity
- Entry level requirements – skills and experience
How To Apply for Diageo Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .