Job Title: – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 Credit Documentation and Securities Officer
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports t o: Manager (Credit Documentation and Securities)
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to Manager- Credit Documentation and Securities, the role holder will be responsible for the daily activities of credit and entity account documentation and securities in line with the operating guidelines to mitigate risks and minimize operational losses.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Check and confirm that credit and entity account documents have been executed and are enforceable.
- Review files from the Loan Origination System for completeness and conclude perfection of the physical documentation.
- Review of expiring and expired leases and follow through for renewals.
- Maintain a tracker of all reviewed files and escalation of issues to the different stakeholders.
- Review and updating of the Waivers reports.
- Maintain a tracker of all securities undergoing perfection.
- Receive securities from the business and check completeness in line with the offer letter.
- Lodging the received unperfected securities with our Central Registry, a security received note placed on the customer’s file.
- Handing over unperfected securities to the external lawyers, obtaining security acknowledgement notes for the same, ensuring all securities/documents are submitted in full to the external lawyers.
- Receiving perfected securities from the external lawyers issuing an acknowledgement note for the same, ensuring that all securities/documents are received in full from the external lawyers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all perfected security related documentation is captured in the system and filed.
- Handing back securities for paid up credit, security swaps in line with the security release process flow.
- Track external lawyers’ weekly progress reports and maintain external lawyers’ monthly review calendar.
- Review entity account opening documentation and submit for company search. All mandatory documents should be attached.
- Receive company search results and share the same with the business for action.
- Report on documentation breaches and keep a track of such breaches for closure.
- Handle all calls and queries relating to documentation and securities as per agreed service level agreements.
- Reconcile invoices presented by lawyers for professional fees and stamp duties against the actual payment to URA. In addition, follow through on resolution of any outstanding items on the reconcilable accounts
- Update security details in the core system as and when required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Practice or any related field.
- Training in key aspects of credit i.e., Credit Policy, IFRS, FIA, CRB, AML and KYC.
- Two (2) years’ working experience in a law firm.
- Records management is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and documents management skills.
- Attention to detail , excellent analytical skills, ability to demonstrate high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, communications and independent judgement skills.
- Attention to details.
- Strong communication skills.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: Friday 12 th August 2022