Classroom Assistant Teacher
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kyangwali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NRC Uganda intends to hire services of individual service contractors for the below mentioned service;
NAME OF SERVICE : Individual service Contractor
TITLE OF SERVICE : Classroom Assistant Teacher
NUMBER OF VACANCIES : 04
DUTY STATION: Kyangwali Settlement -Kikube District
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with over 75 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within Shelter, Education, Food security, Legal Assistance, Camp Management Water, Sanitation and Hygiene sectors.
The key responsibility for the position is to interpret primary level subjects with the aim of easy understanding to learners for future mainstream to regular schools. The AEP classroom Assistant work with teachers, Lead teacher and Education Assistant for appropriate facilitation of teaching and learning at AEP Centers and will be responsible for the following.
• Assisting AEP teachers in instruction according to the learning framework from National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC) and strictly adhere to the agreed timetable.
• Using differentiated learner-centered teaching methods for easy translation
• Promoting a safe and child friendly learning environment for teaching and learning activities.
• Supporting assessment of learners and provision of feedback report in collaboration with teacher and lead teacher.
• Maintaining record of learners including attendance and cases of drop out among learners.
• Supporting learners' participation in classroom, extra-curricular and school activities.
• Participating in community mobilization and sensitization on regular basis.
• General hygiene of the children and centre/school.
• Providing psychosocial support to learners in need
• Support in developing teaching/learning aids and teaching/learning processes
• Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategic
• Possession of senior four (4) or Senior six (6) certificate from a recognized institution
• Certificate in Primary Education (Grade III) added advantage
• Minimum of one year similar work experiences in community or school
• Good oral skills and ability to speak English and translate to non-English speakers.
• Desirable candidate has mentoring experience.
• Very active and creative to support teacher in learning processes
• Fluency in both spoken and written English
• Ability to speak any local language commonly spoken by the beneficiaries
• Knowledge of the local context and preferable local of the area
• Ability to work harmoniously with teacher and both refugees and host communities.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Application along with below mentioned documents shall be submitted by or before 05:00 pm 20th May, 2022 by sending email to [email protected] with subject line "Application for Classroom Assistant Teacher” Application submitted by hand or through courier shall not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Note, this recruitment is on rolling basis!!
• Academic certificates
• Recommendation letter from previous employer
NRC DOES NOT CHARGE ANY FEES IN THEIR BIDING/RECRUITMENT PROCESSES FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGEW TO APPLY