Job Title: – Child Fund Uganda Jobs 2021 4 Finance Assistants
Organization: Child Fund International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Child Fund International Profile
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision making processes within their communities.
The Finance Assistant will support field operations by providing technical assistance and guidance on financial management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure expenditures are coded correctly and supporting documents comply with donor’s regulation/audit requirements.
- Pro-actively rise issues and concerns with the Finance Manager to ensure ChildFund remains in compliance with donor contract and regulations.
- Prepare financial reports in donor format which are timely and accurate.
- Making the necessary field visits to project sites.
- Payment processing, matching requisition to LPO and invoices, ensuring they are duly approved subject to approval limits and ensuring all appropriate documentation for any payments are adequately filed.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, commerce, finance, or related discipline.
- At least four years’ experience in accounting, Proficiency in Microsoft office & accounting packages Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to travel to program locations.
- Ability to work under pressure. Experience working with a nonprofit agency, preferably community organization or an international organization.
How To Apply for Child Fund Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
The Country Director,
P.O. Box 3341 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: [email protected]
Hand deliver to:
ChildFund Country Office,
Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road
P.O. Box 3341,
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted and all employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check. ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 20th October 2021