Jobs at:Housing Finance Bank
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Grade: HFB 5A
Department: Internal Audit
Reports To: Manager Operations Audit
Direct Reports: Audit Officers
To provide independent assurance and advisory services on the effectiveness of the Bank’s framework of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Key Result Areas
• Identify and evaluate the Bank’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
• Conduct audit planning that includes; defining engagement scope, designing work programs, allocating resources and timelines.
• Perform audit procedures to include; identifying, analyzing, evaluating and documenting sufficient information while observing independent judgement to achieve engagement objectives.
• Supervise audit engagements to ensure objectives are achieved; quality assured and staff is developed.
• Communicate the results of the engagements in an accurate, clear, objective, concise, constructive, complete and in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationship through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Review and certify Bank of Uganda returns assigned to you.
• Provide training, coaching and guidance to Audit officers in conducting audits and other audit related issues.
• Perform related work as assigned by Audit Management.
Education & Training
• A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics from an accredited College /University plus partial qualification of CIA, CPA, ACCA ,CISA or a holder of a full professional accounting qualification of CPA or ACCA.
• Certification as a CIA, knowledge of auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation shall be an added advantage
Skills & Experience
• A minimum of four years’ experience in auditing a financial institution, or having worked with an audit firm.
• Experience in use of ACL or any similar data analysis tool shall be an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
• Outstanding quantitative, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Personal commitment to meet or exceed all targets and objectives.
• Utmost professional integrity.
• Demonstrated ability to execute and deliver under challenging circumstances.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their applications with a recent CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address and three competent referees not later than Tuesday, 18th January 2022 by 5:00pm to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Housing Finance Bank,
4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo
Please take note that all applications should be sent by email to [email protected] . DO NOT HAND DELIVER YOUR APPLICATION.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.