AP/AR Logistics & Services Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
12 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Position will provide country support to the Country Accounting Manager, East Africa Area teams in terms of coordinating timely, accurate, reliable financial reporting and compliance with approved authority Matrix.
• Coordinate with Execution, Delivery, Collections & Customer Service teams to ensure that: Any collections or similar disputes are closed; Milestones are updated on Trakit, Invoices are dispatched; Closely review the process and ensure the block and release report is adhered to.
• Provide inputs for the Business cases and credit approval processes.
• Closely review revenue, GP, CM1 with Business Controller to ensure correctness of the numbers reported.
• Improve collections: Ensure close follow up on the outstanding, including collaboration & support to the offshore collection teams, and deliver target DSO and provide input on exceptional releases process.
• Check on the Operational costs normally absorbed by the business and liaise with stakeholders to close any gaps.
• Review and monitor all Selling, General & Adminstration (SGA)/fixed costs accruals to ensure that they are correctly accounted for.
• Review and process supplier payments to ensure that same are done in accordance with set procedures, that minimise risk and improve the control environment.
• Enhance better collaboration between country, Area and Global Service Centre finance teams to ensure we have a coordinated one-Maersk team.
• Ensure a robust asset management process, including arranging regular cash counts, inventory counts, Fixed Asset Counts, advance payments and any other adhoc controls to secure company assets.
• Provide Country support towards management reporting including Monthly reports, Intercompany reporting, Operational data reporting, Quarterly reporting, Forecasts (ROFO), Budgets/Targets, balance sheet reconciliations etc.
• Support bank clearing and bank reconciliation to ensure that any ageing items are followed up on with the bank and relevant teams and closed timely.
• Maintain a solid relationship with the country Financial institutions/Banks, Tax authorities, Tax consultants and City council Authorities to strengthen the compliance environment.
• Bcom/BBA/Bsc Accounting or business course with Major in accounting.
• Membership with a professional Accounting body (ACCA, CPA or equivalent) is a requirement.
• General Accounting and finance knowledge with 3 – 5 Years’ experience in busy finance department with, proven track record of strong financial management, analytical skills, attention to detail and unquestionable integrity.
• Local knowledge of Tax reporting and statutory accounts, in accordance with local regulation.
• Interpersonal skills to deal with staff, vendors, customers, service providers etc.
• Knowledge of the Core Business and related functions, computerized accounting, ERP reporting and logical analytical skills.
• Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment.
• Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.