Infrastructure & Network Officer
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position & Grade: Infrastructure & Network Officer
Reports to: Assistant Manager Network Administration
Effectively manages and develops the ICT network and infrastructure services in support of the strategic and operational business requirements of the organization. Ensures the security and optimum performance of the network and infrastructure services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and implement infrastructure solutions that adhere to current architecture standards in order to support the systems and services used by the organization.
• Determine the extent to which solutions perform “as required” within the current environment to ensure that future solutions meet anticipated demand.
• Design, iimplement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers etc.
• Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Ensure that installations are completed to time, cost and quality, so as to minimize operational and project risk and ensure costs are contained.
• Ensure that the testing and handover of implemented solutions are conducted as per organizational standards, therefore reducing the risk and adverse impact of change
• Participate/develop (as appropriate) in the assessment of operational and security infrastructure needs at the organization.
• Manages the infrastructure elements of the ICT project pipeline and monitors on-going project progress against plan to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all infrastructure equipments.
• Provide coaching, and training to ICT staff and users.
• Draft procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of the ICT equipment.
• Liaise directly with end users to clarify, analyze and resolve reported issues, delivering high standards of customer service.
• Provide ICT related support, by reviewing the Scheme’s needs, in terms of computerization, telecommunication, and other technology.
• Support the design and implementation of ICT policies and procedures.
• Understands the qualities and processes of excellent people management.
• Implement the Movit Eagle way by executing your duties in line with Quality, Speed, Cost, Safety and People in order to establish the basis for Effective Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Innovation; and
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as maybe assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Working Relationship and work Environment:
• Working with the entire staff and departments in Movit Products Limited;
• Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
• Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
• Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
• Ability to work in a team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Infrastructure & Network Officer position should hold minimum a Degree in Information Systems, Telecommunication, or related fields.
• Minimum four (4) years of Hands-on experience with wireless and VOIP systems and knowledge of Windows 2012/2016 Server, Linux Server, and network monitoring software.
• Substantial 4 yrs. of working experience in a similar role managing networks, network security and infrastructure.
• Knowledge of Wireless Technologies, LAN configuration and network implementation and LAN installation and support
• Certification in IT – ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, Linux or any other ICT certifications
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment; and
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, supervision, reporting and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• (Open Dates: 19th-26th July 2021)
• Please log on to our website https://movitproducts.com/careers
• Check details of the position you would like to apply for (Key Responsibilities and Job Specifications)
• Download the MPL Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an attachment to [email protected]
• Please quote the Name of the job title in the subject line.