Job Title: – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021 PMU Livelihood Technical Officer
Organization: World Vision Uganda
Job Location: Arua district
Reports to: Programme Manager SUPREME Project
World Vision Uganda Profile:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.
Under the guidance of the Resilience and Livelihood in Emergencies Specialist, the PMU Livelihood Technical Officer will be responsible for supporting SUPREME partners in the implementation of the World Vision led Livelihood models across the consortium by ensuring trainings, standard tools and approaches are understood and implemented throughout the consortium by the partner staff and volunteers. Ensuring technical oversight mainly focusing upon farmer group capacity development and delivery of the different project components and provides the link between the partners; the PMU and the TAT. S/He will work closely with the Resilience and Livelihood in Emergencies Specialist, PMU and other actors in actively training, coaching partner staff and volunteers for greater impact. The PMU Livelihood Technical Officer will work closely with the leadership structures of both refugees and host communities (Sub County Agricultural Officers, Community Development Officers, LC, RWC, religious and traditional leaders) in regard to smooth implementation of World Vision models across the consortium. The PMU Livelihood Technical Officer will provide technical support to all consortium partners on the World Vision led livelihood models and interventions. He/she will be responsible for enforcing relevant guidelines, tools and TAT direction across EUTF -SUPREME program. The job holder will be a collaborative attentive lead, driving continuous improvement in EUTF-SUPREME programming through their technical expertise, facilitation of learning and innovation. This guidance shall be seen both within consortium and externally with other key stakeholders across the SUPREME target Districts and West Nile Region in general including on delegation representing the EUTF-SUPREME consortium in the Livelihoods &Environment Sector Working Group meetings. The job holder will work under the direct supervision of the Resilience and Livelihood in Emergencies Specialist with functional reporting to the SUPREME Program Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Monitor and ensure standards and quality in Implementation of WV livelihood models and approaches across the EUTF-SUPREME Consortium
- Ensure livelihood technical programming, quality assurance and compliance to donor requirements and regulations across the consortium.
- Support ongoing project review processes based on findings from the Baseline report related to all EUTF-SUPREME livelihood programmes, including indicator targeting and alignment.
- Take part in livelihood technical capacity building of project staff, partner staff and other key stakeholders, as required
- Act as a liaison between the EUTF-SUPREME Partners and the Technical Advisory Team (TAT) sharing agreed standards and tools as well as guidance from time to time.
- Support the developing of annual project activity plans, updated quarterly in collaboration with key departments and external stakeholders, and oversee implementation to high standards by scope and timelines
- Provide expertise and technical assistance in agronomy and agribusiness, climate smart agriculture, marketing, IGA, DRR and Natural Resource Management across the EUTF-SUPREME consortium.
- Promote the use of modern farming practice and techniques through training, advising farmers, farm visits and demonstrations so as to transform targeted families from subsistence to commercial farmers in line with GoU policy across the EUTF-SUPREME consortium.
- Support the established demonstration plots to act as learning and multiplication sites for farmer groups across the EUTF-SUPREME consortium.
- Enforce the participatory selection of SDCs and beneficiaries, prioritization of income generating activities, life skills awareness raising, and capacity building of the groups across the EUTF-SUPREME consortium.
- Work with Component Managers to identify technical capacity and challenges for beneficiaries in agronomy, business development and income generating activities; across the EUTF-SUPREME consortium.
- Organizing monthly field planning meetings with EUTF-SUPREME partners to guide effective implementation
Stakeholders Engagement, Networking and Collaboration
- Work with partners across the EUTF-SUPREME consortium to ensure coordination of activities with other EUTF projects and other stakeholders especially AOs, CDOs, OPM and UNHCR.
- Participate in engagements with stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
- Support the EUTF-SUPREME consortium to develop the farmer’s capacity to improve production and productivity of selected enterprises of desired quality by the market through demonstrations to farmer’s
- Participate in quarterly review meetings for partners and communities at the project sites to reflect on programmes approaches, tools, impact of interventions, best practices, exit and sustainability strategies as well as create spaces and opportunities for action-learning and debate
- Facilitate integration of the project with other Resilience and Livelihood on going activities across the EUTF-SUPREME consortium.
Promote Evidence and Learning of technical models and best practices across the EUTF – SUPREME Consortium.
- Organize reflection and learning events for WV livelihood models and approaches across the EUTF-SUPREME Consortium
- Work with Component Managers to participate in impact measurement, learning and knowledge management across the consortium.
- Participate in baseline, mid-term and end line studies and assessments across the consortium.
- Participate in annual review of progress towards project objectives; across the consortium.
Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
- Support the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports, and special reports requiring technical input and any other reports when necessary to his/her supervisor in a timely manner.
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilization; (Providing input) narrative project reporting across the EUTF-SUPREME Partners.
- Support Annual review of progress towards project objectives; across the EUTF-SUPREME consortium.
- Support documentation and sharing of impact/success stories and best practices to promote learning among EUTF-SUPREME Partners.
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection and safeguarding policy and guidelines.
- Work with SUPREME Partners and local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses
- Sensitize children including most vulnerable, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum of Bachelors in Agriculture or Agribusiness or Forestry or Development Studies or any other relevant discipline.
- Technical skills: academic and/or direct programming experience and expertise in at least three of the following thematic areas is required: financial inclusion/micro-finance, climate smart agriculture, value chain development, small enterprise development, emergency livelihoods programming, cash-based programming.
- At least three years’ experience working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with humanitarian programming and implementation
- Three years’ experience in technical leadership and/or field-based programme management roles in Resilience & Livelihoods sector.
- Experience in community work and engagement Agricultural, Economic Development and Livelihood is and added advantage
- Experience with relevant technical models such as Village Savings & Loans, Enabling Rural Innovations, Building Secure Livelihoods, Local Value Chain Development and Ultra-Poor Graduation Model.
- Climate Smart Agriculture, Entrepreneurship, micro finance and strong agribusiness skills
- Proven facilitation skills and experience in facilitating technical trainings for different categories of participants
- Experience in West Nile or similar contexts and working in refugee contexts.
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Acquaintance with donor relations and evidence based programing
- Capacity in relationship management/networking, and coordination is essential.
- Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
- Demonstration of well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven conceptual & analytical skills, ability to take an evidence-based approach to programme design and management.
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work.
- Ability to communicate clearly to the team and the other stakeholders
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English. Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is an added advantage
- Spiritual maturity, interfaith knowledge and a biblical worldview Ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
- Team player, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.