Job Title: – Uganda Martyrs University Jobs 2021 Diploma Laboratory Technician
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University
Location: Nkozi campus
Reports to: Dean, Faculty of Agriculture
Ext AD 11/4/2021
Uganda Martyrs University Profile:
Uganda Martyrs University is a private university affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church in Uganda. It is licensed by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education. UMU consists of seven faculties, one institute, four centers, five departments, and two schools.
Typical responsibilities of a lab technician include: conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments. Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials. recording and analysing data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducting and supporting scientific investigations and experiments
- Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials
- Recording and analysing data
- Demonstrating procedures
- Collecting, preparing and/or testing samples
- Maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of the equipment
- Providing technical support
- Presenting results to senior staff
- Writing reports, reviews and summaries
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Supervising staff
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Ordering and maintaining stock and resources
- The candidate should be in possession of a relevant Diploma in Laboratory Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a relevant Bachelors Degree is an added advantage.
- The candidate should have at least three years working experience in a busy soil science or biotechnology laboratory and should be able to operate and maintain/service different equipment found in the laboratory.
- The candidate should have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities that will enable him/her to carry-out accurate analyses and interpretation of results.
- Should be able to draft reports for the lab clients (students, lecturers, farmers, etc).
- Should be able to assist students and lecturers with their research projects both in the Laboratory and in the field
How To Apply for Uganda Martyrs University Jobs 2021
All applications should be submitted to the Office of the Director, Human Resources. All applications must be accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references, copies of certified academic certificates and transcripts and current-day telephone contact and email address.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498, Kampala
Deadline : 15th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.