Technical Advisor - Communication, Visibility and Knowledge Management.
Deadline of this Job:
13 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The GIZ Promoting Rural Development (PRUDEV) Programme is a German-Ugandan bilateral implemented by GIZ on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The aim of the programme is to improve the agriculture-based development of the rural economy in selected regions of Northern Uganda. Part of the PRUDEV programme is the EU co-funded “Promotion of Climate Smart Agriculture” (ProCSA) Project, with the overall objective to strengthen the rural population in seven districts against the effects of climate change through climate-smart agriculture (CSA). The project also aims at increasing the knowledge and awareness of the District Local Governments (DLG) and the farming communities on the advantages and means to foster and implement Climate Smart Agricultural (CSA) techniques. The overall PRUDEV programme supports the following key areas:>Enhanced capacity for local agriculture-based economic development. Improved market integration; applied CSA practices. Access to financial services. Enhanced awareness and capacities on Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) of Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the agricultural sector. “Water Resources management/ water for production. Communication and visibility activities play a vital role for the project to inform the beneficiary population and other stakeholders about the project, its results and impacts, the role of the partners as well as the EU’s and GIZ support. GIZ is recruiting a Technical Advisor for Communication, Visibility and Knowledge Management to support the implementation of their activities.
Number of vacancies: 1 Sector: Civil society Industry: NGO , Programs ,
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
• Good knowledge of Rural development, Agriculture, Climate Change or related field.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team and independently.
• Profound knowledge, expertise and practical experience in knowledge management.
• Attention to detail and diligent and pro-active work approach and method, good organisation and time management skills.
• Must have hands on experience with web-site maintenance, graphic design tools and publication tools, very good working knowledge with ICT technologies.
• Proficiency in English; knowledge of Luo is an additional asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] . Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 13th June 2021. Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.