Technical Adviser- Promoting Rural Development (PRUDEV)
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2021
Within Uganda , Gulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The GIZ Promoting Rural Development (PRUDEV) Programme ls a bilateral programme of the Ministry of Local Government (MLG) on behalf of the Government of Uganda and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) on behalf of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany. The aim of the programme is to improve the agriculture-based development of the rural economy in selected regions of Northern Uganda through the following areas of activities:
Area of Activity 1: Capacity for local agriculture-based economic development
Area of Activity 2: improved market integration.
Area of Activity 3: Access to ?nancial services.
Area of Activity 4: Enhanced awareness and capacities on Monitoring, Reporting and Veri?cation;(MRV) of Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the agricultural sector
Area of Activity 5: Water Resources management/ water for production
GIZ is recruiting a Technical Advisor to provide technical guidance and capacity building in output area 3: Improving access to demand driven ?nancial services.
Job Title: Technical Adviser- Promoting Rural Development (PRUDEV)
Reports to: Head of Component, Rural Development Programme
Location: Gulu with frequent travel to other districts in Northern Uganda
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
The Technical Advisor will be in charge of:
• Undertaking a/supporting situational analyses of the smallholders and agri-entrepreneurs supported by the programme to identify ?nancing opportunities and constraints.
• Support the development of ?nancing models! strategies.
• Provide technical assistance, focused on ?nancing for various segments of the market e.g. smallholder farmers and their organisations, processors and other off takers to make them bankable.
• Alignment with team members already working on the formulation and implementation of training and capacity development activities to bene?ciaries on ?nancing mechanisms. ~ identi?cation, development and dissemination of information and knowledge products for agricultural ?nancing.
• Processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the speci?ed quality standards
• Maintaining of a good ?ow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ.
• Ensuring that assigned programme activities are implemented successfully
The Technical Adviser performs the following tasks:
Management and coordination
• Contributing to the implementation of the programme concept as outlined in the BMZ otter.
• Cooperating particularly with other GIZ programmes in the Rural Development cluster.
• Implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the programme component.
• Organising all assigned activities in the ?eld, directly working with government of?cials, farmers, farmers organisations. civil society organisations, and private sector actors on all aspects of agricultural ?nancing.
• Preparing and conducting programme activities. management issues.
• Regularly consulting with the GIZ team on al programme activities.
• Participating in programme planning.
• Assisting the programme with all organisational and Preparing, implementing, and documenting training events. workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities.
Communication, monitoring, knowledge management
• Supporting the head of component in maintaining a good ?ow of communication and information between the programme components, all involved institutions, private partners, other counterparts and GIZ.
• Representing the programme in sector meetings and various “Communities of Practitioners", regarding technical discussions.
• Assisting with research activities and studies on technical areas relevant to the project.
• Assisting in drafting technical reports and assisting partners in reporting, as well as making technical presentations on behalf of the component.
• Supporting M&E activities of the component, the programme, and partners.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Bachelors degree in Agricultural Economics, Rural Finance, Agribusiness or a related ?eld. A masters degree is an added advantage.
• At least 8 years of progressive professional experience in agricultural ?nance, working with the supply and demand side private sector actors as well as government institutions
• Experience in analysis and development of business plans for MSME's particularly in the agricultural sector.
• Experience in working with development organizations.
• Experience with digital ?nance.
• Experience in different approaches to ?nancial inclusion.
• Excellent knowledge of ICT and computer applications.
• Knowledge of luo language.
• Very good communication skills.
• Self-driven and motivated to work independently.
• Willingness to work and travel in remote areas.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] . Cover letters and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 20th June 2021. Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.