Supervisor –Agriculture Workshop
Jobs at:Kakira Sugar Limited (KSL)
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kayunga , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kakira Sugar Limited (KSL) is a leading sugar manufacturer in Uganda. KSL boasts of two (2) sugar estates, one in Kakira - Jinja and the other in Kayunga. We seek to recruit dynamic, competent and experienced candidates to fill various vacant positions in the company.
Job Title: Supervisor –Agriculture Workshop
Will be responsible for;
• Reviewing repair orders, specifying spare parts requirements and initiating requisitions for approval by the Tractor Garage Superintendent.
• Supervising the routine repair and maintenance of heavy tractors in accordance with the assignment schedules and to check all completed work.
• Providing technical guidance and advise to technicians and artisans as and when requested and giving them on the Job training to enhance skills capacity building.
• Keeping proper records of completed work after inspection, pending work and now work being brought in.
• Attending to break downs or accidents occurred outside the workshop or outside the estates and ensuring the safe recovery of the vehicle up to the workshop.
• Supervising the fuel status and other personal items/equipment available in the vehicle while coming for service and ensuring that they are in the vehicle while releasing them.
• Checking the Spares available periodically in the main store.
• Checking the attendance and punctuality of staff, controlling and disciplining them and assisting them in their performance appraisal.
• Ensuring that adequate Safety precautions are in piace and maintaining a clean working environment in the workshop at all times.
Diploma in any of the following:
Mechanical engineering, Automotive Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or their equivalent obtained from a recognized institution. However, applicants with Motor Vehicle Mechanic Certificate Levei l! with five (5) years' experience may also apply.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years' experience in an engineering consultancy: engineering fabrication or engineering construction environment.
Remuneration: Attractive remuneration package.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel that you match the outlined required requirements, write to the address below, enclose photocopies of your certificates, C.V and testimonials, indicating names and address of two referees ‘and quoting the job reference number on the left-hand corner of the envelop.
Your application should be addressed to: Human Resources Manager, Kakira Sugar Limited, P.O. Box 121, Jinja - Uganda Tel: 0414-444000 OF Mail to [email protected]
Closing date fs 18th October, 2021.