Job Title: – SNV Uganda Jobs 2022 Communications Officer (ABC Project)
Organization: SNV Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
SNV Uganda Profile:
SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €120 million, and 1300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
About the Project
SNV Netherlands development organization and the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands (EKN) signed a grant in Dec 2021 to implement the Integrated smallholder Dairy programme (ISDAP) in Tooro, Kigezi and Ankole for 3 years, starting in January 2022. ISDAP is a separate program under the management of the TIDE-2 project. The aim of ISDAP is to improve the livelihood of the smallholder farmers (with land holdings below 6 acre) by improving the wellbeing and productivity of the dairy cattle kept at the farm through improved forage production, optimizing animal nutrition by utilisation of by-products and wastes of the other crops grown at the farm. ISDAP will also provide support in improved raw milk quality and marketing as well as Strengthening the existing cooperatives and SACCO’s.
At SNV, we are looking for a dynamic, fast-learning, and enthusiastic communication officer to support the African Biodigester Component project team . The purpose of this role is to promote ABC activities to increase the reach, impact, and visibility through the delivery of influential marketing; communications across a range of reactive and strategically planned in multiple channels (including website and social media online platforms). The internet has evolved into a powerful tool for reaching out to a diverse range of people, and websites are the most effective means of disseminating information. It is critical for the ABC project to have its own Facebook, YouTube, and other social media platforms to achieve its objectives. Therefore, a specific focus will be on the promotion of social media as a communications tool, both within the wider awareness raising space, and amongst biodigester users as a means of targeted user group communication.
The overarching objective of the ABC-UG communications strategy, therefore, is to create a transferable framework for market dialogue between the project, the participating biodigester enterprises and (prospective) smallholder farming households as well as key sector stakeholders (relevant Government partners, supply-side associations, financial institutions).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Summary of key functions:
- Content creation and communications planning supports the communication needs of the ABC- UG programme.
- Social media management: Undertake digital distribution, promotion, monitoring, social media, and website analytics.
- Develop, and design of interactive, visual communications, writing newsletters and digital products for the ABC.
- Content management of the project communication channels and promotions on social media platforms plus other communication-related activities.
Marketing & Communications
· Develop and implement Marketing and communication plans ; develop branding and marketing materials that will maximise ABC- UG’s message, support programme objectives and contribute to the growth sector.
- Develop and deliver creative marketing & communication strategies, to market, position ABC activities, attract potential suppliers, customers, and Partners.
· Manage ABC’s social media presence , including email communications, creation of engaging monthly newsletter campaigns (using Mailchimp), fact sheets about project, website content, brochures, and other forms of communication based on the plan.
- Measure and report on the performance of our digital presence
- Work with the wider program team to identify content opportunities, produce the relevant materials and to put the communication strategy into practice.
- Track and record activities relevant to Biodigester Enterprises based on available Apps and, customer feedbacks/comments.
- Plan and implement direct marketing approaches including targeting, personalisation of messages and measurability, customer profiling and segmentation
· Design and update a communication database (Including Identify potential visuals and documents for usage in internal and/or external communication and coordinate collection and archiving)
- Set up, and manage the quality of the project’s website social media channels, conforming the ABC communication strategy, manage media outreach plans as required
- Responds to enquiries from Biogas Enterprises and all stakeholders regarding Result based financing through social media comments, messages or call-in to generate qualified leads
· Knowledge Management: Set-up and maintain a properly indexed ABC-UG picture library – Well indexed, searchable picture library available to project staff
- Collaborate with project teams, providing general communications and administrative support; working with partners and Biodigester companies to identify, document and disseminate best practices, success stories, and lessons learned.
- Perform other tasks in relation to the job.
Minimum Qualifications for SNV Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, media studies, public relations, marketing, or relevant field.
- 3years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photo-shop, Illustrator, Video editor, InDesign, and Mailchimp/email marketing
- Proven work experience in delivering successful integrated marketing campaigns from concept to execution; Familiarity with business-to-business marketing (B2B) and business-to-consumer(B2C) advertising campaigns.
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress, programming skills, good stakeholder management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Strong analytical and communication skills.
How To Apply for SNV Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .