SNV Intern Receptionists – TIDE Project
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
Main tasks and duties:
Front Desk management:
• Receive and correctly attend to visitors
• Operate the telephone switch board, scanner and maintain the general
• Keep records of private calls, private copies
• Receive and dispatch all mail/ messages /calls and maintain registration records where appropriate
• Follow up absence board in reception
• Initiate project procurements
• Support in Fleet management
• Book Hotels for the staff
• Minute-taking during team meetings
• Keep and maintain address, telephone, and stationery stock records
• Responsible for the filing system of the portfolio
• Supporting the Project Finance unit
Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Certificate in Business Administration or Diploma in Logistics and Procurement. Ability to think independently, analyze problems, and identify solutions.
High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion, and willingness to learn.
Cross cultural skills and management experience of multiple complex tasks.
Excellent spoken and written English
Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Etc.)
Customer care formal training is an added advantage
A person with a positive attitude towards work, cheerful and with a bright outlook and enthusiastic
Contract period: 1 years with possible extension.
Contract type: Local (open to Ugandan nationals only)
This opportunity is available to Ugandan nationals who are residents in Mbarara Fort Portal and surrounding areas..
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply