Job Title: Project Officer – Sasakawa Africa Jobs 2021
Organization: Sasakawa Africa Association
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Sasakawa Africa Association Profile
SAA is a Non-Profit Non-Governmental International Organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre-and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda. The organization wishes to recruit highly competent, organized, pro-active, self-driven and experienced professionals to fill the positions for its Smallholder Horticulture Empowerment and Promotion Approach (SHEP) in the Adjumani region. The project targets to work with 1,200 farmers organized in 60 farmer groups in 6 sub-counties of Adjumani District. This project is 11 months running up to March 2022.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strengthen the capacity of Farmer Groups (FGs) in Organizational Development;
- Evaluate business models and market linkage approaches;
- Guide development of viable commodity business plans and work plans among FGs
- Strengthen the Community Savings for investment in Agribusiness among FGs and monitor their performance
- Identifying capacity & training needs and techniques for selected Horticultural value chains that improve smallholder farmers’ food security, yields, product quality, nutrition and incomes;
- Train farmer groups in agronomy, postharvest handling and agribusiness/farming as a business and ensure a balanced gender-responsive participation of stakeholders in all activities
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/Agricultural Extension, Horticulture and Agribusiness or Diploma in Agriculture with relevant experience in horticulture management
- Must have experience in training farmers on Horticulture value chains and extension, participatory capacity building approaches.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in related field
- General Requirement: Fluency in the Madi Language; and also, English (Written and Spoken) is a must plus
- Valid Riding Permit.
How To Apply for Sasakawa Africa Jobs 2021
Send by E-mail only: An Application letter, a two-paged CV and scanned copies of Relevant academic credentials to:
The Country Director, Sasakawa Africa Association
E-mail: [email protected]
Sasakawa Africa Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Women are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 9th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.