Jobs at:Trees for the Future
Deadline of this Job:
02 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Trees for the Future tric. (TREES) is a nonprofit organization providing technical training and supplies for farmers in East and West Africa, to end hunger through the Forest Garden Approach. Our mission is to improve the livelihoods of impoverished farmers by revitalizing degraded lands.
About the job:
The Regional Manager is responsible for the successful management and implementation of multiple Forest Garden Projects in Eastern Uganda. Her she will work closely with technician supervisors and project field technicians spread out among numerous sub counties responsible for planning, developing, implementing, supervising, and evaluating all aspects of Trees for the Future's (TREES) Regional projects to achieve the program targets, and coordinating budgets and program logistics, enhancing monitoring and learning processes to ensure the project delivers the targets accordingly. The Regional Manager will report to the Country Director arid is responsible for the direct supervision of Technician supervisors and coordinators in the region. This position requires extensive travel and support to field staff throughout the districts and sub-counties with exceptional planning, organizing, coordination and team management skills.
• Facilitate the roll out and management of training, extension, and M&E initiatives in the projects as well as supervise field technicians.
• Provide technical and management support to the Project Technicians to coordinate overall project implementation across participating sub counties to ensure that activities are carried out in a timely manner and within budget.
• Support the Technician Supervisors and Lead Technicians to monitor and review their budgets on a regular basis and work with the Accountant with support of the Country Director to institute corrective measures for any anomalies that may arise.
• Identify and assess strategic locations to develop new project initiatives.
• Hire highly qualified technicians in collaboration with the Country Director
• to establish and manage projects as needed. Maintain close communication with Country Director including filling in the MRFs with all project information,
• Communicate and collaborate regularly with other Regional coordinators and TREES staff to share expertise and contribute to organizational improvement,
• Collaborate with Country Director to develop program strategies and annual Plan of Action and Budget for the country program, Development Responsibilities
• Provide accurate, current, and timely information as requested for grant proposals and other fund-raising activities,
• Provide information and input into constructing up-to-date, locally appropriate training materials in English and local languages;
• Provide accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date information as requested for marketing and outreach, reporting, and other publication materials.
• Ensure that TREES Regional program activities, processes, and stati adhere to both local and organizational laws and policies;
• Carefully manage projects fiscal and human resources requirements for the Region in accordance with both the National/District laws and TREES policies Any other responsibility as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in agriculture, forestry or related area;
• A post graduate qualification in related field either in M&E, Project planning, and Agriculture, agribusiness, forestry and or agroforestry will be an added advantage
Experience and knowledge
• Working knowledge of local agroforestry, timber and fruit tree species and seed resources
• 7-10 years' experience in a full-time, relevant position which included: Project, budget and staff management in agroforestry, agriculture or natural resource management Interfacing and networking with government, international and local nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and community representatives
• Designing and managing multi-year projects and annual budgets . Following a monitoring and evaluation protocol
• Maintaining and organizing accurate records Excellence in:
• Organizational skills, problem solving skills and multi-tasking
• Listening, team building and staff empowerment
• Showing Respect for all employees and farmers · Meeting deadlines
• Written and spoken English and pertinent local regional language(s)
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should address their application to the Country Director and submit e-copies of their application by sending an email to [email protected] enclosing a detailed CV and cover letter expressing their interest not later than 2nd August 2022.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply