Jobs at:Agri Exim
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2021
Within Uganda , Northern Region , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Project Manager
Reports to: Head Agri Extension/Head Procurement
Location: Northern Region
To coordinate activities in the project areas and ensure everything runs smoothly and targets are met
Key Result Areas
• Expand the project by increasing the farmer base and acreage under organic cultivation in your area and identify areas with great potential for new projects and develop brief proposals for tapping into them.
• Coordinate all project activities in your designated project area and ensure that they are running smoothly and accountability is made where required.
• Ensuring that all necessary licenses are obtained in the areas in which the company operates.
• Ensure procurement of commodities is as per the target and quality standards, specification, protocol and lowest price both from farmers and traders by updating head office on commodity prices and trends, meeting and adding new traders to the vendors list.
• Manage performance and motivate the field team by setting their targets, doing appraisals, coach and mentor, identify training needs and give regular feedback to ensure that they are optimally utilized, attain a level of employee satisfaction and are efficient
• Ensure that the man power required to do the work is available by working with HR to identify and recruit suitable field staff to ensure that work goes on smoothly.
• Supervise the implementation of the Internal Control System.
• Ensure that all office equipment is well maintained in good working order and utilized in a cost effective manner by controlling the movements, and monitoring field level equipment.
• Ensure CSR projects are done in a well-organized and effective way by coordinating with HO to implement the project in the villages.
• Submit daily, weekly and monthly reports to the Head Agri Extension/Head Procurement on daily activities of the field officers, inventory stock, project cost (Actual V/s Budget), Procurement Cost (Actual V/s Budget) and Labor Cost (Actual v/s budget)
Education and Professional Qualifications
• BSc. Agriculture /Horticulture, MSc. Agriculture /Horticulture
• 6 years of experience
• Age bracket 35-45 years
• Experience in organic farming, Contract Farming is must.
• Knowledge of preparing organics pesticides and manure
• Experience in certifications of organic farming projects & processing units
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree