Program Coordinator ( Construction Program Coordinator)
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The USAID Uganda Biodiversity for Resilience (B4R) Construction Program Coordinator will support the coordination of B4R construction activities in Kidepo Valley National Park and Kalinzu Central Forest Reserve.
The Coordinator will provide mid-level project management, operational support, and technical assistance in all aspects of the construction activities. The Coordinator will closely coordinate with the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) for the construction of ranger outposts, boreholes and low stream water crossings in Kidepo and with the National Forest Authority (NFA) for the construction of a visitor center and canopy walk in Kalinzu. The Coordinator will manage the construction supervisory firm, including the Engineer and 4 Clerks of Works, the construction subcontracts.
The Coordinator will also collaborate closely with the B4R Construction Procurement Specialist.
• Oversee all aspects of B4R’s construction activity, providing continuous supervision of the construction works ensuring projects are done to standard, on schedule, and within budget
• Develop and maintain project management schedules, project work plans, and other general project management resources.
• Formally and informally report on the status of construction activities to the B4R FOD, COP, and DCOP.
• Lead cost performance monitoring and reporting, including expenditures, invoices, and advances for construction activities
• Travel frequently to very remote construction sites to monitor progress and coordinate with Clerks of Works to track regular status of activities.
• Ensure accurate and compliant record keeping and administration performance, including tasks such as conducting/managing file desk reviews and spot checks
• Ensure project documentation, deliverables and data are maintained consistently in accordance with policies and standards.
• Manage the Construction Supervisory Firm subcontract as well as the Construction Subcontracts at one given time and prepare construction progress reports
• Oversee the approvals by the Construction Supervisory Firm as necessary for specifications and drawings of any proposed temporary or permanent works where required.
• Coordinate with Techincal Advisors, Landscape Leads, and Landscape Coordinators to ensure activity coordination and efficiencies in coordination and communication with UWA and NFA.
• Provide input and review client communications as required.
• Check the Contractor’s work for safety compliance (PPE, hazard analysis, daily briefings, operating manuals, inspections, signage, and emergency response planning)
• Perform other program and project support duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering or other relevant field and 10 years of experience or relevant master’s degree and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 5 years of experience working for a USAID project
• Must be willing and able to travel to field offices in Kidepo NP and Kalinzu CFR
• At least 5 years of experience overseeing and managing construction activities in Uganda, preferably in protected areas and/or the specified types of construction
• Call for applications - Terms of Reference
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply