Job title: MEAL ASSISTANT
Reporting to: MEAL COORDINATOR
Overall purpose of the role:
Completion of Parish Development plan preparation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant is responsible for conducting Monitoring & Evaluation activities as per work plan, conducting/implementing a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives of DRC program in West Nile South NURI area of operation consisting of the districts of Arua, Nebbi, Pakwach, Zombo and Rhino Camp, to ensure that Project activities meet the highest standards possible, and contribute to improving resilience capacity of persons of concerns program Area.
- Carry out assessment of food forest for second maintenance.
- Take photos and GPS coordinates of all food forests.
- Supervise the technical aspects of the projects;
- Ensure regular communication between communities at the project implementation sites and DRC
- Processing payments for contractors and masons after completion of works.
- Liaising with the district engineering team to assess the quality of infrastructure projects
- Together with engineering officer, work on project technical reports.
Perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- Experience with research, including data collection and data management.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes, database and data analysis software.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Science, Development Studies, International Relations, Rural Development. statistics, Computer science.
- A post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or equivalent professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Training in quantitative methodologies database management.
Advanced English proficiency
Fluency in local language
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 30th August, 2021.
Kindly attached Academic Documentation when applying
Gender Equalit y: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity : DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
Click the 'apply here' section to submit your application.