Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Jobs at:MASAKA DISTRICT FARMERS’ ASSOCIATION
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2021
Within Uganda , Masaka , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Masaka District Farmers’ Association Ltd is a non Government, Member based, Gender sensitive Organization working with Farmer Groups within Masaka District. MDFA is currently implementing a Food Security Project in Partnership with Vi Agroforestry Project Uganda under the Agroforestry for Livelihood Empowerment Project. The Organization is seeking to strengthen her staffing position in order to efficiently execute the Project activities. Applications are therefore invited from qualified, dynamic, self driven and competent Ugandans (Males and Females) to fill the available position based at Masaka Distric .
Specific Job Responsibilities
• M & E Tool Development and Data Management
• Develop and implement a robust Monitoring and Evaluation system that will ensure tracking of Project results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact).
• Develop/Adopt an integrated database of MDFA Projects and ensure accountability through regular Data updates, Data integrity and working in collaboration with the Field staff.
• Review existing Data collection tools for the current Projects.
• Incorporate Field and Technical team feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of Data management systems within MDFA Updating Members Register regularly and timely.
• Monitoring and Reporting
• Maintain and update the overall Food security Project indicator tracker based on submissions from the Field implementation.
• Develop M&E Plans for the Projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation;
• Ensure all Grants have updated Work-Plan and Performance Management Plan (PMPs) in tandem with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed.
• Carry out Data quality assessments/audits regularly for M & E Data based on agreed indicators to guide decision making
• Provide alert to the CEO, on corrective actions required to avoid delays in implementation, including flagging operational issues and risks requiring timely actions.
• Review monthly and bi monthly progress Reports from field and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to the respective staff
• Prepare progress Reports related to internal reporting such as the, quarterly and annual Reports
• Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age (youth) and disability are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in the Project implementations as part of ensuring accountability.
• Assessments, Surveys and Evaluation
• Ensure that MDFA office learns from all final evaluations of completed Projects for decision making and improvement of Project designs.
• Lead and/or coordinate all MDFA assessments, evaluations and performance evaluation tasks including planning and reporting on the same.
• Assist in the development of TOR for external surveys and consultant recruitments/ selection if need arises
• Coordinate the review of survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting.
• Timely plan and initiate all pre and post intervention assessments, surveys, After Action Reviews, Post Distribution Monitoring
• Learning, Accountability and Capacity Building
• Conduct monitoring of all MDFA implementation and post implementation monitoring that meet laid down standards on a regular basis
• Provide relevant evidence for learning from Projects
• Share learning and provide constructive comments to colleagues in order to ensure programme quality.
• Ensure Sex, Age, Disability Disaggregated Data (SADD), Accountability and Gender standards are consistently adhered to in programme delivery
• Build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new Data monitoring tools and quality of Data collected
• Keep abreast of new approaches and tools on M&E, and provide training to MDFA staff as required.
• Enable staff to monitor and evaluate their own efforts, gather relevant Data and produce required progress reports
Qualifications, competencies and personal specifications
• A Degree in Statistics or Agribusiness, Agriculture or Monitoring and Evaluation or equivalent
• Demonstrable interest or experience in Monitoring and Evaluation; highly detail-oriented.
• At least 1 year experience in a related field in a busy reputable Organization
• Proficiency in the use of computer especially Spreadsheets, Power Point
Job Education Requirements : Degree
Job Experience Requirements : 1year
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Only qualified applicants should submitt there application letters, and copies of valid academic documents and detailed Resume(C.V) with three recognised referees not later than monday 22 february2021 1700hrs. Address to
Masaka District Farmers' Association limited
P.O Box 514 kirumba Close plot 4
Hand delivery at that address is highly encouranged both males and females are encouraged to apply or send portable Document files ( PDF) to [email protected]