Job Title: Project Officer (Livelihoods/Cash Transfer) – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Reports Directly To: Project Manager
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of the CASH Transfer component of the project within the Refugee Settlement;
- Oversee and directly manage livelihood/Cash Transfer component of the Project in the provision of technical support, development of narrative and financial reporting in line with donor requirements (ECHO);
- Support the Project Manager in leading the Project Team to ensure that the strategy is implemented to the highest quality standards;
- Support the Project Manager to ensure efficient and effective project implementation, timely completion of high-quality work plans, accurate reports, and other mandated deliverables are achieved;
- Working closely with other team members and Consortium partners, the Officer takes the lead in community engagement aspects of the project, as well as beneficiary identification and selection processes;
- Contribute and actively participate in internal and sector coordination meetings
- Oversee cash transfers and support monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities (MEAL) including post-distribution monitoring;
- Conduct continuous market intelligence and assessments in the Sub Program to inform programming including identi?cation of sectors and value chains that have high potential to bene?t programme participants;
- Conduct assessment of needs and capacities of community for cash based interventions
- Follow procedures and guidelines in implementation of cash based interventions, and support in developing learning for improved cash strategies
- Responsible for day to day activity implementation (with cash based interventions being a core activity) through efficient and effective ways
- Monitor and document DRC’s livelihood and cash activities, ensuring all processes, results and lessons learnt are documented and shared within the sector and with Management
- Conduct regular ?eld visits to review and report on progress of Livelihoods interventions, with a particular focus in Kyangwali Refugee Settlements; speci?cally in relation to ef?ciency and effectiveness and to determine future programme development with a view to programme expansion and development;
- Participate in FSL and cash coordination meetings, liaising with Consortium partners, local counterparts in other NGOs to ensure coordination and collaboration and identify opportunities for new programmes;
- Coordinate and network with other stakeholders to promote appropriate humanitarian and development programming within the framework of LWF’s Food Security and Livelihood policies;
- Identify and assess the capacity needs of the national staff, partners and counterparts involved in the programme, plan and implement capacity building activities;
- Ensure the effective implementation of personnel and administrative management systems, including policies and procedures for all programs in portfolio.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree relevant to the position field from a recognized institution;
- At least three years’ experience working in livelihoods or income generating projects preferably with an NGO in a refugee/IDP setting;
- Proven practical experience in non-agriculture livelihood interventions, especially cash-based programming;
- Experience in implementing cash based programmes
- Demonstrated Community development skills
- Experience of implementing livelihood projects e.g. social protection; cash for work projects; home based skills development or income generation projects;
- Deeper understanding of humanitarian and sustainable livelihoods programming in a variety of livelihoods intervention areas;
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation of Livelihoods Programs.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Strong competencies in people management, capacity building and coaching;
- Excellent communicator who leads in building relationships within LWF and with other stakeholders such as partners, donors, authorities.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Applications should be addressed to;
LWF Uganda Office of Human Resources
Plot 1401, Ggaba Road, Nsambya
P.O Box 5827, Kampala- Uganda
Deadline: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.