Livelihoods Assistant – Permaculture
Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Imvepi , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Livelihoods Assistant – Permaculture
Reporting to: CASH and Livelihoods Officer
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The Livelihoods Assistant is responsible for supporting DRC’s Resilience Coordinator to develop, implementation and monitoring of permaculture intervention in Imvepi refugee settlement. The assistant will be instrumental in training and advising households on matters related to permaculture, household gardens, agroforestry and household energy production.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support DRC’s Resilience Coordinator to conduct needs assessments
• Beneficiary identification, registration and selection for permaculture activities
• Training and advising households on matters related to household-level vegetable production
• Planning and management of household permaculture demonstration plots
• Report household and project progress against work plans on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Embrace innovative ways to applying permaculture at the household level
• Capacity building for households on post-harvest processing, including storage and packaging
• Facilitate in the distribution of tools and inputs to project beneficiaries
• Take part in budget monitoring and tracking of expenditure on agricultural activities
• Prepare and apply appropriate tools to be used for monitoring and reporting on beneficiary progress
• Document success stories and project milestones as well as best practices
• Any other assignment by the supervisor, including preparation of logistic, procurement and finance requirements.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience setting up and implementing permaculture projects preferably with an NGO in a refugee/IDP setting.
• Good facilitation skills especially in vegetable production
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
• Working knowledge of MS Office and other relevant computer applications
• Able to adapt to changing program priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
• Strong self-starter, able to take initiatives.
• Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities
• Hands-on community mobilization skills
• Preferably Degree in Agriculture or Agri-economics or any other related field. Knowledge in perma-garden will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of local language will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 6th August, 2021 .
Please click here to apply.