Job Title: – Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021 7 Technicians
Organization: Kiira Motors Corporation
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Salary Scale: KT3
Kiira Motors Corporation Profile:
Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC) is a State Enterprise established to Champion Value Addition in the Domestic Automotive Industry for Job Creation and Diversification of the Ugandan Economy as a Key Growth Area in Line with Vision 2040. The Equity Partners are Government of the Republic of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (96%) and Makerere University (4%).
The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation is Mandated to Establish the Governance and Management Structures of KMC and Provide Policy Guidance and Oversight to the Nascent Automotive Industry in Uganda.
Government of the Republic of Uganda is Cognisant that the Market Entry Strategy is Assembly of Vehicles and Technology Transfer with Reputable Automotive Manufacturer(s) and Progressive Enhancement of the Domestic Value Added in the Automotive Industry through exploring Sustainable Multi-Sectoral Backward, Forward and Lateral Linkages with Mineral, Agriculture, Industry, ICT, and Transport Sectors for Local Content Participation.
Government in April 2018 Approved the Roadmap for the Kiira Vehicle Plant. Government allocated 100 Acres of land at the Jinja Industrial and Business Park for the Kiira Vehicle Plant and a Seed Fund as Capitalisation for the Construction of the Kiira Vehicle Plant Start-Up Facilities; Purchase of Start –Up Plant Machinery, Equipment and Tools; and Start-Up Operational Capital.
A Technician is responsible for following general instructions, drawings, specifications, standard practice and recognized methods to perform any operations needed to produce prototype and/or production composite parts, components and assemblies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow standardized assembly procedures to assemble machined components into a finished product according to specifications/blueprints;
- Perform visual checks to ensure the finished product meets all specifications and functionality requirements;
- Communicate clearly and professionally with Shift Supervisor when issues arise;
- Pack finished products as instructed;
- Complete all needed documentation;
- Keep a safety first mindset by following all safety rules and operating in a safe manner;
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Assembly Supervisor
(a) Academic Qualifications
- Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Related Field with at least Credit Class or Equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Trade Certificate in Welding, Fitting, Machining, Mechanics or Equivalent
Proficiency in SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and Gas Welding, Machine Operator, Fitter, Electrical Wiring
- Strong attention to detail through repetitive operations to ensure high quality throughout the assembly process;
- Comfortable working in a cooperative, team oriented, fast paced environment;
- Willingness to take ownership of your role including performance and attendance accountability;
- Willingness to work on traditional and non-traditional shifts;
- Must be willing to work both as a team player and independently;
- lifting and carrying heavy objects;
- Requires pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, walking, gripping and bending;
- High mental and visual effort required; and
- Work in, around and beneath equipment.
How To Apply for Kiira Motors Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.