Jobs at:Pure Grow Africa
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pure Grow Africa ( www.puregrowafrica.com ) is a major player in the Fruits and Vegetables sector in Uganda. A fast-growing company, it promotes local food produce to institutional clients (hotels, restaurants, catering, supermarkets) and general market. At Pure Grow Africa, we are passioned on changing the way food items are grown, handled, prepared and delivered to the consumer, with a specific focus on working closely with our growers to improve the standards. We focus carefully on quality, quantity and consistency.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Pure Grow Africa is looking for its new Junior Accountant, full-time position based in Kampala, with potential trips up-country. Under the responsibility of the Chief Finance Officer and the Accounts Manager, you will perform and review data entry, keep record and ensure the application of risk management procedures in the organization. You will also assist the team in credit management and recoveries of payments.
Your Core Responsibilities will include:
• Entry of all accounting information i.e. receipts, payments, petty cash vouchers, etc.
• Assist in preparation of documentation and all administrative functions
• Review daily reports, reconciliations and accounting records for accuracy and reliability
• Perform evaluation of the economy and operational efficiency Branch audits to ensure proper procedures are practiced
• Proper document filing and maintenance
• Perform other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
In addition, all employees are encouraged to propose programs, experiments or strategies which could they feel could benefit and improve the company success.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• At Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from reputable university in related field (Accounting, Finance)
• Deep understanding of the double entry system
• A prior experience in accounting and/or administration would be a plus
• Strong working knowledge and ability of computerized financial management and accounting systems (Sage)
• Full command of office software (Microsoft Office, Mail)
• Financial integrity
• High degree of organization with a precise and meticulous personality
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Team spirit, strong involvement, flexibility
• Ability and willingness to learn on the job
• Outgoing personality with interest in local quality products.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Before 30th of June :
Please send CV and Cover Letter by e-mail with the subject line as « Junior Accountant K » to both
Fabrice Bordes: [email protected]
Racheal Nyakazigye: [email protected]