Head Results Management, Research & Development
Jobs at:The Agricultural Business Initiative (ABI)
Deadline of this Job:
16 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Agricultural Business Initiative (ABI). Group is a social enterprise with the overall vision to contribute to 'a competitive and sustainable agriculture and agribusiness sector in Uganda in support of equitable wealth creation in Uganda'. The abi Group consists of two companies Limited by Guarantee; aBi Development and abi Finance The main focus of aBi Development is to increase agricultural production and value addition by extending matching grants and business development services (BDS) to agribusinesses, farmer organizations and intermediaries. The grants and BDS enhance planning and management, production and business infrastructure, and upstream and downstream market linkages of producers and agribusinesses. aBi Finance expands access to business finance for agricultural producers and agribusinesses by offering to Financial Institutions (Fls), financial imentives, and infrastructure that make lending to the agricultural sector more attractive and less risky. Under the linancial Services Development (FSD) programme aBi Finance provides matching grants to Fls to build institutional capacity for enhancing the provision of financial services and increase outreach in rural areas.
ABI wishes to recruit a vibrant individual for the position of Head Results Management, Research & Development (RMR&D). A summary of the job specifications and requirements is given below. The full job description can be found on www.futureoptions.org .
Job Title: Head Results Management, Research & Development
Reports to GCEO
Supervises | Monitoring & Results Management Manager, Research & Development Manager, Learning & Knowledge Management
Purpose of The Role:
The Head of RMR&D acts as a thought leader in the design, measurement, and adaptive management of impactful interventions. He/she leads the collection, analysis and interpretation of research, monitoring and evaluation data. S/he provides expert advice on how to design interventions that will have a beneficial impact on the sustainable development of Uganda's agribusiness sector and develop our understanding of how to make markets work for the poor. .
The role has three key areas of responsibility:
• Managing the collection of knowledge both from external and internal sources that will inform the development of results chains and guide investment decisions.
• Ensuring that systems are in place to monitor results across the whole organization in accordance with DCED standards.
• Leading the evidence mainstreaming and learning function, ensuring that knowledge is curated and communicated in a way that is accessible and relevant to all stakeholders.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Key Qualification, Experience and Knowledge
• Post graduate degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Development Economics, Research or other related field
• PHD in a relevant field is an added advantage.
• Professional qualification in monitoring and statistical techniques.
• Qualification in Risk and Compliance Management is an added advantage.
• At least 15 years post-graduation experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor funded programs.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to facilitate program design at both strategic and operational levels.
• Strong technical understanding in research, strategy development, business planning and program development.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by email: [email protected] . Please send your applications clearly indicating the Position Title in the email subject line. Deadline for submissions is Friday 16th April 2021 at 5:00 pm. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted.