Jobs at:Cardno International Development (ID)
Deadline of this Job:
25 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Cardno International Development (ID) manages a number of donor-funded programs throughout the world and engages in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact. Cardno has implemented more than 120 projects in Uganda.
Cardno is implementing the five-year (2021-2026) USAID-funded Feed the Future Uganda Institutional and Systems Strengthening (ISS) Activity. The goal of the Activity is for key national level Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and industry apex organisations (IAOs) that are vital to driving inclusive agriculture-led economic growth to fulfill their mandate, leading to pathways to prosperity, improved resilience, and better nutrition for the people of Uganda. The purpose of the Activity is to improve the performance and structures of MDAs and IAOs. This purpose will be achieved through the following four objectives: (1) Improve the internal processes of selected MDAs and IAOs, making them more responsive to the needs of their consumers, members, and the general public; (2) Improve the policy framework that supports the functionality of selected MDAs and IAOs; (3) Strengthen key capacity elements of select MDAs and IAOs to perform their mandates; and (4) Strengthen the “structures” or key vertical and horizontal linkages within, between and among institutions so that they work together more effectively to achieve their goals.
The GESI Specialist will play a cross-cutting role and ensure that Activity implementation promotes inclusion and positive outcomes for women, youth, and marginalized populations. S/he will lead the process of conducting and updating the Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Analysis (GYSIA) and promote reference to outcomes to both staff and partners’ planning and implementation processes. Reporting to the Chief of Party, s/he will support technical teams to make deep GESI dives into proposed interventions aimed at delivering Activity objectives and support communications and monitoring, evaluation and learning teams to make GESI compliant communication and results reporting respectively.
The GESI Specialist will lead the process of conducting and updating the Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Analysis (GYSIA) and delivering interventions that meet GESI inclusiveness. To deliver the role, S/he will;
• Support processes to incorporate gender and youth concerns in capacity building for MDAs and IAOs as needed to ensure that women, youth, poor and excluded voices are heard.
• Conduct rigorous GESI analysis, compliance evaluations and give recommendations on how to better meet GESI inclusion.
• Support working group to identify and adapt GESI actions.
• Lead on the intervention of forming a functional Strategic Gender Integration Working Group, representative of partner organizations and CSOs that work on GESI issues.
• Build capacity of Strategic Gender Integration Working Group to monitor Ministry Department Agency(s) budgets for pro-GESI delivery integration and capacity building processes.
• Review information dissemination and training materials to ensure inclusiveness of GESI aspects.
• Mentor Strategic Gender Integration Working Group to support and voice for inclusion of responsive GESI best practices that meet the needs and interests of women and youth.
• Build a gender, equality and social inclusion lens in all the interventions.
Master’s degree in a related field such as gender studies, anthropology, or other
Knowledge and Skills:
• Minimum of five years’ experience promoting GESI in agricultural sector and experience in a market systems project implementation model will be preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience (minimum of 5 years) of GESI with GoU MDAs and IAOs.
• Strong analytical, data gathering and partner interaction skills
• Knowledge and skills in planning, monitoring, training, organizing and leading workshops,
• Ability to lead and synergize the efforts of a multi- disciplinary team delivering sets of objectives.
• Experience of working with government agencies, development partners and industry apex organizations.
• Professional level English proficiency, Verbal and Written.
Estimated Period of Performance:
The opening is a full-time position and will require staff time of 40 hours a week.
Estimated Level of Effort:
This is a long-term position and is based in Kampala, Uganda with intermittent travel throughout the country.
The GESI Specialist will report to the Chief of Party.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Send your application via [email protected] by June 25, 2021 at 4:00 pm EAT. Late applications will not be accepted.