Job Title: – FRC Uganda Jobs 2021 VSLA & Livelihood Officer
Organization: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) Uganda
Duty Station: Nakivale Refugee Settlement in Isingiro District and supporting Livelihood project operations in Kampala
Reports to: Livelihood and Business Training Team Leader
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) Profile:
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM.
The key purpose of the job is to develop and implement all VSLA activities including guidance and training to successful formation of VSLAs, Rapid Appraisal of Income Generating activities, beneficiary training on small business / income generating skills. The incumbent will ensure regular visits to monitor activities and conduct timely reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate planning, organizing and management of Business skills Training Course and VSLA related activities (25%)
• Conduct awareness on FRC Small Business skills training Courses, VSLA and IGA activities among communities and local leaders at project related refugee settlements and nearby Ugandan Villages.
• Develop work plans to ensure effective implementation of both Business skills training and VSLA trainings and related activities.
• Facilitate the identification and formation of local VSLA groups among beneficiaries.
• Facilitate the identification and formation of local IGA groups among beneficiaries.
• Keep up to date with development issues and trends with regard to income generation, small business, VSLA, community development in Uganda and refugee work.
Technical advice and skill development (30%)
• Identify technical capacity and challenges for beneficiaries, skills and knowledge they have in income generation, livelihood activities, VSLA and business activities.
• Organize and monitor the establishment of FRC Business Skill Learning groups.
• Identify and train volunteer Business Facilitators at community level to teach and mentor business learners.
• Facilitate establishment of village saving and loan groups among beneficiaries.
• Train beneficiaries on VSLA methodology, including group governance and leadership, rapid appraisal of income generating activities.
• Oversee and monitor the VSLA groups on share purchases, social contributions, borrowing and repayment of loans to ensure proper documentation and recording of VSLA cash box.
• Ensure timely procurement of and delivery of right quality and quantity of VSLA kits.
• Assist in solving any conflicts within VSLA group members.
• Assist in monitoring and providing advice to Business Skill learning course Facilitators and learners.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting (30%)
• Conduct regular follow up visits to Business skill Learning groups, to VSLA groups, and their
IGAs, to see if they are applying the practices and provide technical advice and mentoring.
• Track progress of the Business Learning groups, VSLA groups, IGAS and keep records.
• Carry out quarterly meetings with beneficiary groups to assess performance at the community and project level.
• Facilitate data collection on groups, business skill learners and members to VSLA, and manage the information flow to the Team Leader and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
• Support the preparation of VSLA and IGA groups own monitoring plans.
• Consolidate and compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports, inclusive of success stories and lessons learnt.
Other (15 %)
• Facilitate and link VSLA and IGA members to trainings on life skills such as basic literacy and numeracy, household financial affairs, financial literacy, risk management and planning.
• Facilitate and link leaners and VSLA/IGA members to economic development and income generating activities.
• Make sure there is balanced gender representation amongst beneficiaries, and that women, youth and people with disability are included.
• Liaise with the Livelihood and Business Training Team Leader for all decisions related to Business skills Learning groups, IGA activities, VSLAs and livelihoods and carry out other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Represent FRC in the Livelihoods and Resilience sector working groups at settlement and District level.
• Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business management, Agribusiness, Rural Development or similar with strong experience on agriculture related income generation.
• Strong Experience in VSLA methodology, livelihoods, microfinance and IGA methodology.
• Experienced facilitator and trainer, with training material development skills.
• At least 3 years’ professional work experience in agriculture related IGA and business promotion.
• Working experience in resilience initiatives is highly preferred.
• Willingness to travel and live in several rural project locations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
• Experience working with non-governmental organisations and local communities, authorities and NGOs.
• Ability to use standard computing packages.
• Knowledge of languages spoken by major refugee groups; Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda, Runyankole.
• Ridding skills is a MUST.
How To Apply for FRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Email your application to [email protected]
Include in your application letter:
• Gross salary request,
• Maximum 4-page long CV / Resume with your language skills,
• Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
Do not email copies of certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates are requested to present original certificates.
If you do not hear from FRC by 30th April, your application has not been successful.
Deadline: 8th April 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.