Jobs at:Kilimo Trust
Deadline of this Job:
23 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kilimo Trust KT is a not for profit organization working on agriculture for development across the East Africa community – in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi Kilimo Trust is a go to implementing partner for inclusive and sustainable market led agricultural value chain development in the region
Purpose of the Job
To Manage the financial operations and provide financial management Information necessary for program implementation and growth of Kilimo Trust. .
• Ensuring proper and timely recording of all the financial transactions of Kilimo Trust
• Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and management reports.
• Provide financial insights to facilitate decision making in executing of the Kilimo Trust strategy, providing guidance and financial analysis to management and the Board to ensure delivery of results.
• Lead the budgeting process: develop, review, finalize, and oversee budgets that represent and align with organizational objectives and programmatic activities.
• Maintain and regularly update and reconcile the general ledger, accounts payables, accounts receivables, and payroll.
• Recommend and report on benchmarks upon which financial performance is measured in the organisation.
• Ensure effective management of grant reporting and reconciliation in accordance with the guidelines from donors/ funders.
• Monitor the financial performance of the organization including its subsidiaries and projects through regularly budget monitoring reports.
• Oversee the preparation and development of budgets and forecasts for the organisation.
• Manage financial relations with donors including compliance, timely and good quality reporting as specified in the grant agreements.
• Conduct regular trainings for the staff and implementing partners / grantees on the financial procedures, reporting and any other related financial responsibilities.
• Provide financial advice to the CEO and Team Leaders to enable them to make sound business decisions.
• Effectively supervise the staff responsible for the Finance Function in the organisation.
• Provide support and maintain a competent and motivated team through constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring.
• Regularly review and update the KT Financial, Risk and Procurement Manuals and procedures to ensure compliance with-best practice and in line with international standards.
• Promote effective risk management for the key risks under the Unit control in accordance with the organisation’s Risk Management framework
• Ensure compliance with the organisation’s policies as well as statutory financial (local/national) regulations for all Country offices.
• Coordinate and manage the processes of internal and external audit, accounting, and reporting requirements as set by Country specific regulatory bodies where the organization has offices.
• Regularly update the financial control systems to strengthen the financial management of the Trust.
• Oversee all tax related activities in all Countries where KT has operations.
• Participate in fundraising activities of the Trust through preparation of budgets for project proposals.
• Actively participate in identification of fundraising opportunities.
• Analyze and report on actual and planned monthly expenditure, interpret, and communicate with Team Leaders, advise of variance against approved budgets, and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Conduct field travel visits to review financial procedures among partners / grantees supported by Kilimo Trust.
• Ensure safety of the assets of Kilimo Trust by instituting effective safety measures.
Key Performance Indicators
• Receiving un-Qualified Audit for organization and projects
• Timely and good quality submission of all financial reports to management and Donors/funders.
• Accurate and timely submissions of all proposal budgets to prospective funders.
• Cost overruns are maintained within 5% of approved budgets.
• Robust internal control system that reduces errors and misstatements in financial reports
• All KT Assets and resources are safeguarded.
• New projects secured from donors / funders.
• Functional Risk Management System.
• Excellent leadership skills to effectively lead, manage, and grow the Finance function in
• Strategic thinker that will support management and the board effectively
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality of deliverables.
• Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interest of the organization.
• Must have outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player with a high emotional intelligence quotient
Educational Qualifications and Experience Required
• Minimum of Seven years’ experience in a Senior Management Finance Position in Non –
• Government Organisation.
• Experience of working with Regional Organizations is an added advantage.
• Qualified Accountant (CPA/ ACCA)
• Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
• Proven numeracy and financial analysis / planning skills
• Very good experience in proposal preparation and budget formulation
• Experience of strategy formulation and program planning processes.
• Understanding of donor financial policies and procedures.
• Experience in managing financials for USAID funded Programs is an added advantage.
• Experience in Grant Management
• Working experience of SAGE accounting system
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Job application procedure
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter with the following:
• An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the Responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above).
• The names and contacts of three referees and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them.
• Copies of Academic Certificate and Transcripts for O’ level, A’ level – where applicable, UnderGraduate, Post-Graduate and Professional qualifications
• The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in the current job and two of your immediate previous jobs.
• Your daytime contact telephone number; and
• A statement and proof of current remuneration package
Please submit your application documents electronically to [email protected]
Deadline for application: Friday 23rd April 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted