Job Title: 111 Laboratory Assistants – Education Service Commission Jobs 2021
Organization: Education Service Commission (ESC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Ref.: HRM 48/185/01 Vol 88 (35)
Salary Scale: LU
Reports to: Head Teacher
Education Service Commission (ESC) Profile:
The Education Service Commission (ESC) is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist: the teachers in preparation for science lessons and practical work.,
- Prepare samples equipment and chemical used in teaching science subjects.
- Keep and store apparatus, equipment and chemicals used in the laboratory.
- Assist teachers and students during science practical lessons.
- Open and close the laboratory.
- Keep records of laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the relevant authority.
- A certificate in Laboratory Technology with a minimum of five passes including English language and 2 credits in science subjects at ‘0’ Level
- ‘A’ Level Certificate with 2 principal passes in science subjects preferably Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Agriculture with a minimum of five passes including English language and 2 credits in science subjects at ‘O’ Level
- Age Limit – below 50 years
How To Apply for Education Service Commission Jobs 2021
The Education Service Commission form 3 (1998) application forms, summary form and further details about this advertisement can be accessed from the Education Service Commission Click Here filled in triplicate, addressed to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, P.O.BOX 7196, Kampala and submitted to any of the designated receiving centres from 22nd November to 26th November 2021.
Please note that no Applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the preferred post and subject.
Applicants should attach copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts plus three recent passport size photographs.
Qualifications from only recognized institutions will be considered.
Serving Public officers MUST route their applications through their Heads of Institutions/Departments, who should be advised of the closing date to avoid delays and should attach photocopies of letters of appointment, confirmation and appointment on promotion (if any) and recent pay slips.
Applications that are not properly routed will not be considered.
For all posts, qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should apply for only one post as applying for more than one may lead to disqualification.
The UGIFT schools where the vacancies exist are:
- Nyakinama Seed 55, Kisoro District
- Kebisoni Seed 55, Rukungiri District
- Kigarama Seed 55, Sheema District
- Bukiro Seed 55, Mbarara District
- Ruborogota Seed 55, Isingiro District
- Kabeywa Seed SS, Kapchorwa District
- Kamonkoli Seed SS, Budaka District
- Aduk Seed SS, Kwania District
- Panyagara Seed 55, Kotido District
- Rupa Seed SS, Moroto District
- Lorengecorwa Seed 33, Napak District SIEC
- Lwebitakuli Seed 55, Sembabule District
- Bukakata Seed 55, Masaka Districf
- Nekemeya Memorial SS, Kalangala District
- Wakiso Seed SS, Wakiso District
- Afyaka Seed 55, Zombo District
- Atego Seed SS, Nebbi Districf
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the applications will be received from the under listed centres:
Mbale Centre – Mbale Secondary School
Mbarara Centre – Mbarara High School
Arua Centre – Mvara Secondary School
Soroti Centre – Soroti Secondary School
Jinja Centre – Jinja Secondary School
Gulu Centre – Gulu High School
Kampala Centre – Kololo Secondary School
Hoima Centre – Duhaga Secondary School
Please note the following guidelines for submitting applications
15 th _21 November 2021- Applicants prepare their application forms and other documents.
22nd – 26th November 2021 – Applicants submit their Application Forms to the respective receiving centres from 8: 00am – 5 :00pm
Closing Date: 26th November 2021