Job Title: Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant (Public Works) – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Zombo, Uganda
Reporting to: Team Leader – Shelter and Infrastructure
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally, and in Denmark, on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. In Denmark, DRC assists refugees in all aspects of integration as well as asylum procedures. Internationally, DRC actively participates in supporting the protection of refugees, and promoting durable solutions for conflict-affected populations.
Overseeing the quality, timely implementation of Forest and environmental conservation activities in compliance with DRC standards and budgets.
Roles and responsibilities of DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Collaboration with relevant external technical experts on issues related to forest and environmental protection and conservation in Zombo operation area and in (Refugees and host communities);
- Actively participate in the designing and supervising of the forest operation and management in of all food forest/woodlots in collaboration with the Zombo District Local Government ZDLG Natural Resource Officer;
- Represent DRC with local authorities and other stakeholders in the District jurisdiction;
- Coordinate all Forestry related activities in the District of jurisdiction in collaboration with other actors in the sector;
- Promote integration of environment protection and conservation in programming of all sectors DRC is intervening
- Spearhead Forestry education in the designated areas of DRC operations with emphasis on Resilience designs on promoting forest protection, development and climate change adaptation;
- Spearhead the development and review community environment action plants in collaborations with relevant stakeholders;
- Support the establishment and or functionality of local environment structures in collaboration with the district environment officer;
- Organize technical trainings for beneficiaries in relevant themes within host communities;
- Plan the establishment and develop strategic plans to sustain them;
- Supporting the development of ecotourism;
- Sensitizing communities about the benefits of sustainable exploitation of forest resources;
- Spearhead mobilization of households and institutions to participate in the raising of tree seedlings, planting and management;
- Participate in the development and implementation of the project’s M&E tools, project plans/budget and funding proposals;
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
English- fluent and any one of the local languages spoken in the host community and settlements Knowledge of local language spoken in Uganda.
Has strong ability to operate light automobile machine and hold a valid driving license class “A”.
A University degree or Diploma in Forestry, Environmental science and Management from recognized University. Strong knowledge in Cash for Work/Voucher for work intervention in line with Forest and natural resource management. Thematic trainings relevant to the position for instance; nursery bed establishment, woodlots/Food forest establishment, water and soil conservation, sustainable environmental conservation and protection, Natural Resource management and among others Good organizational and people management skills. Has ability to reside and work in the attached field locations within Adjumani Zone B area of operation. 2 years’ experience managing forest based resources and vibrant knowledge in raising tree seedlings and Food forest establishment. Experience of working with UN or Non?Governmental organizations. Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness. Understanding of CFW/VFW approaches, gender, protection and human rights. Exceptional knowledge is Result based Management in line with Agro Forestry. Outstanding knowledge in Risk based management of Humanitarian and Development projects. Computer skills.
Experience and technical competencies:
Minimum experience of 02 Years’ experience in implementing environmental conservation related activities in Humanitarian and Development Context
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 30th August 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .