Job Title: MEAL Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reporting to: MEAL Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally, and in Denmark, on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. In Denmark, DRC assists refugees in all aspects of integration as well as asylum procedures. Internationally, DRC actively participates in supporting the protection of refugees, and promoting durable solutions for conflict-affected populations.
Completion of Parish Development plan preparation.
Roles and responsibilities of DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant is responsible for conducting Monitoring & Evaluation activities as per work plan, conducting/implementing a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives of DRC program in West Nile South NURI area of operation consisting of the districts of Arua, Nebbi, Pakwach, Zombo and Rhino Camp, to ensure that Project activities meet the highest standards possible, and contribute to improving resilience capacity of persons of concerns program Area.
- Carry out an assessment of food forest for second maintenance.
- Take photos and GPS coordinates of all food forests.
- Supervise the technical aspects of the projects;
- Ensure regular communication between communities at the project implementation sites and DRC
- Processing payments for contractors and masons after completion of works.
- Liaising with the district engineering team to assess the quality of infrastructure projects
- Together with the engineering officer, work on project technical reports.
Perform other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Experience and technical competencies:
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- Experience with research, including data collection and data management.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes, database and data analysis software.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Science, Development Studies, International Relations, Rural Development. statistics, Computer science.
- A post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or equivalent professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Training in quantitative methodologies database management.
Advanced English proficiency
Fluency in local language
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 30th August 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .