Chief Operating Officer - Corporate Services
Jobs at:Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi)
Deadline of this Job:
09 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Chief Operating Officer - Corporate Services
The Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi) is a social enterprise with the overall vision to contribute to 'a competitive and sustainable agriculture and agribusiness sector in Uganda in support of equitable wealth creation in Uganda'. aBi consists of two companies Limited by Guarantee; aBi Finance and a Bi Development (formerly aBi Trust). aBi Finance expands access to business finance for agricultural producers and agribusinesses by offering to Financial Institutions (FIS) financial incentives and infrastructure that make lending to the agricultural sector more attractive and less risky. aBi Development Ltd channels development funding as matching grants and Business Development Services to agricultural producers and agribusinesses. Over the period 2014-18 alone, abi Development implemented around 130 matching grant projects with a total estimated value of USh. 404bn to reach over 934,462 farmers and contributed to increasing employment, incomes and employment of Ugandan farmers and agribusinesses. aBi Development Ltd has also worked with farmer organisations and NGOs in order to serve the more vulnerable and less commercially developed value chain actors.
Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi) seeks to fill the position of Chief Operating Officer - Corporate Services. A summary of the job specifications and requirements is given below. The full job description can be found on www.futureoptions.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Coo Corporate Services is responsible for ensuring that all of a Bi's resources are managed and used in a cost-effective and efficient operational manner with a secure system of controls and safeguards that ensure the safety of all of a Bi assets including the staff. Management, reporting and accountability to the Board and Funders across all of the support service areas which facilitate the operations of aBi including Finance, Grant Management Control, Risk Management, ICT, HR & Shared Services, Legal & Compliance and Procurement is the major function of the role. Oversight of the use of funding, including fraud management, enterprise risk management, legal action and compliance are central pillars of the role.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Strategy & Planning: As a member of the Senior Management Team, support the organisation in strategic & operational planning and budgeting; facilitate decision making to optimise value-formoney in the deployment of resources.
• Strategic Financial Accountability: Serve as the Chief Financial Officer for the organization; ensuring the sound use and management of organisational
• Resource Management: Lead the organisation in effective and efficient management of resources; seeking to maximise the impact of aBi's deployment of resources.
• End-to-end Grant Management: Support a Bi's Management in securing, disbursing and accounting for investor funds; aiming to optimise abi's beneficial impact on the growth of the agricultural sector in Uganda.
• Risk Management: Oversee the management of risk across all of aBi's activities; ensuring that a comprehensive understanding of aBi's risks has been developed and that strategies are in place and implemented for effective mitigation.
• Team Leadership: Lead the Corporate Services Team in a manner that empowers them to add value to the organisation and deliver high standards of performance.
Master's Degree in Finance, Business Management or an Accounting Professional Qualification.
• Degree in Commerce (Accounting) / Business Administration (Accounting) and related field.
• Full membership of ICPAU, ACCA, CPA.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are encouraged to only apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by email: [email protected] . Deadline for submissions is 9 August 2021 at 5:00 pm . aBi offers an attractive remuneration package for this position.