Job Title: – ATTA Uganda Jobs 2021 Project Officer USAID Project
Organization: AgriTechTalk Africa (ATTA)
Job Location: Moroto
Project Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Condition Starting Date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: Until March 2022
Salary: 1,000,000 -1,700,000 UGX monthly according to the candidate experience
AgriTechTalk Africa (ATTA) Profile:
AgriTechTalk Africa (ATTA) is a Ugandan registered Non-Governmental Organization. ATTA provides technical assistance to agricultural and natural resources development programmes and projects, implemented by NGOs; community-based organisations (CBOs); international agencies (e.g. UN bodies); farmer cooperatives or government institutions.
ATTA with funding from USAID under the IDEAL Programme is implementing a social behaviour change project. The project aims to pilot a social learning approach at a farmer smallholder level by introducing a series of key activity methods, with a focus on podcasts, designed to bring about social and behaviour change within communities in Moroto, Karamoja.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the project officer will;
Provide technical support to the planning, implementation and Coordination project activities.
- Formation and set-up of the 4 learning groups.
- Support baseline research into relevant farm recording practices/skills amongst farmers in the sub-region.
- Convene, facilitate and support learning sessions – these will involve the playing of podcasts, repeated where necessary; farm recording skills practice with the learners; and group discussions regarding what has been learned and how it is received and used by the learners.
- Convene and facilitate end-line sessions with learners for feedback.
- Implement, facilitate and follow-up, on a daily basis, the project activities in accordance with the project implementation plans
Provide guidance in the development of tools and templates for the implementation of project activities.
- Liaise with AgriTechTalk International in the development of appropriate training materials (podcast scripts; farm recording sheets and training manuals).
- Liaise with local radio stations on the recording of podcasts and their subsequent incorporation into radio programmes.
Budget and expenditure management
- Ensure project activities are planned and implemented as per approved budget
- Ensure expenditures are compliant with the budget, donor and ATTa regulations
- Prepare and submit timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that will be indicative of program progress during implementation. All reports has to be prepared in accordance with Donor and ATTA requirements and project timelines.
Project monitoring and evaluation
- Support data collection exercise in collaboration with M&E officers
- Support monthly review beneficiary’s data to ensure that it reflect the aspiration of the project.
- Support documentation of project interventions to enhance learning/knowledge management.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Take charge of the daily management of ATTA Field office in Moroto.
- Perform other duties as instructed by the supervisor.
- Represent ATTA in any official activities in the region
- Establish and maintain good coordination and working relationships with sub-county and district leaders and local government departments.
- Participate in the planning of learning and review meetings that bring private and public sector entities together.
Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related field from a recognised institution with a minimum of one year’s experience
- Candidates holding a Diploma in agriculture or related field from a recognised institution with a minimum of two years’ experience will also be considered.
- Ability to establish relationships with district local governments and other stakeholders
- Ability to coach, mentor, train and develop capacity of beneficiaries
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English
- Knowledge of Karamoja sub-region and Ngakarimojong language is an added advantage
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Possession of a valid riding permit
- Ability to use Microsoft packages (Power Point, Word, and Excel)
How To Apply for ATTA Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: Cover Letter, CV with three references, and academic documents to [email protected] . AgriTechTalk Africa provides equal employment opportunity. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30th April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .