Asst. Manager - Cost Accounting and Inventory
Jobs at:Agri Exim
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Asst. Manager - Cost Accounting and Inventory
Reports to: Manager Finance Location: Kampala, with frequent visits to the North-Iceme in Kole.
Work closely with procurement, production, quality assurance and accounts to ensure that costing is done correctly
• Analyse the manufacturing costs, prepare regular daily reports lot wise/ invoice wise considering cost of procurements from various locations
• Prepare daily cost sheet for production and report for labour, energy and overhead in production (Batch costing) and also at company level.
• Variance analysis for inventory and production, identifying areas of improvement and establish new or adjust existing inventory control procedures and practices for various products.
• Review standard cost for accuracy maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
• Prepare and complete production internal cost audits.
• Recommend cost efficiencies in new product layouts starting from procurements up to the finished goods level.
• Assisting in SAP implementation, along with future system enhancements.
• Conduct physical inventories for all locations and monitor cycle count programs.
• Prepare various financial analyses related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various customers as needed for decision making support.
• Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
• Monthly Inventory valuation for book closing purpose.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• B.Com, BBA with CPA/ACCA completed.
• 7 years in a busy reputable company preferably manufacturing industry.
• Age bracket 30-40 years
• High integrity
• Confidentiality/ Responsible
• Good Communication skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Working in team in multi culture environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree