Assistant Farm Manager Cropping
Jobs at:Amatheon Agri
Deadline of this Job:
16 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Assistant Farm Manager Cropping
Amatheon Agri is a Germany farming and agri-food business company will farms in Uganda, Zimbabwe and Zambia and headquartered in Berlin, Germany. Applications are invited from suitably quali?ed candidates to ?ll the above position. .
• To manage activities on a 500-800ha farm including land preparation, planting, spraying and harvesting.
• Make plans for crop weed control through chemical spraying and manual weeding.
• Record information on farm management practices, and prepare monthly operational reports.
• Prepare and submit operational budgets.
• Determine procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for efficiency and accuracy
• Inspect ?elds to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
• Inspect farm equipment to ensure proper functioning and participate in calibration.
• Hire, discharge, and transfer workers, enforce safely regulations, and interprets policies in liaison with the HR Manager.
• To supervise staff and enforce discipline under area of jurisdiction.
Qualifications & Experience;
• BSc in Agriculture or higher diploma in agriculture or related field with 5-8 years‘ experience
• Crop experience particularly in rice, chili, quinoa, maize, chia, and n'0ringa.
• GMP & GAP exposure desired
• Knowledge of the English language a must
• Should have managed a 500-800ha fam1
• Knowledge of organic farming aid Machine/implement calibration.
• Age: 35-45 years
Job Skills : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send in your cover letters and CVs only to: [email protected] not later than 16th April 2021. All those who applied earlier need not apply.