Jobs at:Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries
Deadline of this Job:
21 April 2021
Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: The Project Accountant
Salary Scale: Attractive
Number of Positions: One (1)
Duration of the contract: The contract is for 20 months.
Duty Station: Head Office, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Entebbe. .
Working Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field of accounting/finance in projects/programs in the public sector or very large and reputable corporations.
Job Purpose: To Assist Project Accountant in the day today activities of the Project
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist the Project accountant to:
• Prepare payment vouchers, and posting in IFMS
• Posting transactions to ledgers
• Work hand in hand with the Project Accountant in building capacity of project implementers at districts and lower levels.
• Prepare and maintain assets register for the project.
• Perform other duties incidental to the above assigned from time to time by the supervisor
• The Assistant Accountant should be in possession of an Honor’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Accounting), Finance, Business Administration (Accounting) or any other related field majoring in Accounting. Partial completion of Professional Accountancy qualification at least stage 2 as a must requirement’
• Proven ICT skills including database management.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The short listing and selection of the Project staff shall be conducted in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines; Selection and Empowerment of consultants (under IBRD loans and IDA Credits and Grants) World Bank borrowers (Jan 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”)
Sealed expression of interest (application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents) should be delivered by hand to the address below not later than 21st April 2021 by 4pm.
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries
P.O. Box 102,
Telephone: 0414-320 004/323990
Fax: 0414-321 255
The Commissioner Human Resource Management,
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue