Job Title: IT Assistant – Agri-Buddy Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Agri-Buddy Uganda Limited
Job Location: Kampala
Hours of Work: Part time
Engagement Terms: This Job is available for part-time qualified persons although due to its nature, the person may be expected to work shifts or be on call to address or troubleshoot issues.
Agri-Buddy Uganda Limited Profile:
Agri-Buddy Uganda Limited is a community based Agri-business enterprise that is registered to operate in Uganda as a Company limited by guarantee. The Company has its Head Offices at Plot 49, Ntinda Road. The Company deals in agriculture production and processing with an extended outlet based in Rukiga District in Western Uganda. The Company is looking for eligible talent to cover human resource gaps required to increase its business capacity as well as successfully deliver its stated goals and objectives. Agri-buddy Uganda Limited therefore invites suitably qualified candidates to fill existing positions based as per the located sites.
The Information Technology (IT) Assistant will provide technical software, hardware and network problem hands-on resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; troubleshoot network/printer problems and be able to provide network solutions to more complex end-user problems; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Keep company website and social media up to date.
- The ideal candidate for this job must hold a Bachelor’s degree with two years of experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Vast experience in setting up and reviewing an IT system for a busy agency
- Two years’ experience in providing end-user support for current PC desktop and application software, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and administering Windows versions of Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic standard software (e.g. Windows, MS Outlook, Chrome)
- Knowledge of Desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products; basic understanding of electrical safety procedure.
- Prior working experience in NGOs set up
- Skills in managing Websites and Social Media platforms for a CSOs
- Experience in setting up and managing Social Distance Media and communication platforms
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and take initiative.
- Solid training skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook
- Good team player.
How To Apply for Agri-Buddy Uganda Jobs 2021
For Detailed Job Descriptions, visit the Link Partners Website or can be accessed directly via https://linkpartnersinternational.org/opportunities/ in your browser
- The Application letter must be 1 page while the CV MUST not be more than 4 pages.
- All applicants must provide 3 professional referees who should be stated with clear phone and email contact details
- The Applicant for the position of Operations Manager must be ready for immediate deployment
Deadline: 6th December 2021 at 4:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .