Jobs at:National Forestry Authority
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
POSITION : Forest Supervisor (13 POSITIONS)
Reports to : Sector Manager/Plantation Manager
Duty Station: Field based and ready to work in hard to reach areas
Salary Scale : NFA 7 Terms of
Employment: Three (3) year contract (Renewable)
Job summary : Ensure protection and sustainable management of Central Forest Reserves.
Responsibilities and tasks
• Take full charge of the beat and manage the Central Forest Reserves (CFRs).
• Implement forest management plans including raising nursery seedlings, planting trees and regular forest boundary maintenance.
• Initiate, maintain and manage relationships with local communities.
• Participate in preparation and review of Forest Management Plans.
• Prepare and implement operational work plans, weekly activity schedules and targets and ensure their accomplishment.
• Supervise and report performance of all licensed activities within the beat and maintain an updated register.
• Ensure collection of projected revenue. • Participate in preparation and supervision of local contracts where applicable and certification of completion of work.
• Ensure regular maintenance of forest infrastructures.
• Monitor and regularly report on flowering and seeding (phenology) of trees.
• Plan, conduct and supervise forest patrols to ensure integrity of the forest.
• Participate in forest protection activities beyond the beat.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, work experience and interpersonal attributes/competences
• Minimum of a Diploma in Forestry or Agro-forestry from a reputable institution.
• At least two (2) years working experience in a similar or related position in a reputable organization.
• Basic knowledge of forestry and environmental management.
• Minimum of twenty five (25) years of age.
• Good interpersonal, team building and organizational skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to manage the supply chain for silviculture, harvesting operations and logistics.
• High level of integrity, resilience and reliability.
• Entrepreneurial ability and result-oriented.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Criteria for application Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below not later than close of business on 31st August 2022 or send soft copies to [email protected] . Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director National Forestry Authority
Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi
P. O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0312 - 264035/6; 0414-360400