Job Title: 2 Fresher Project Officers – ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ZOA Uganda
Job Location: West Nile
Starting date: June/July 2021
Reports to: Project Manager ECW
ZOA Uganda Profile:
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
Purpose of the position
The Project Officer, with support from the Project Manager, is responsible for the day to day planning, and implementation of activities under the specific ZOA project(s) assigned to him/her.
- Has high level of integrity and ensures child safeguarding and protection in planning and implementation of all project activities and pro-actively monitors and reports (potential) concerns in line with ZOA Child Protection Policy;
- Ensures high-level implementation of education activities and ensures the project builds upon achievements of the Education Cannot Wait (ECW) funded Harvest Opportunities for Pupils in Emergencies project that commenced in 2019;
- Actively contributes to ensure good collaboration with the local implementing partner PALM Corps and pro-actively coordinates with other ECW Consortium partners.
Place in organization
The Project Officer will be employed by ZOA Uganda and is line managed by the Project Manager for ECW. The Project Officer will be supported by the Senior Project Officers and Project Manager ECW for technical support and quality aspects), and also reports technically to the Programme Manager.
Roles and responsibilities:
Tasks, responsibilities, results
- Supports the implementation of project activities in line with the project proposal to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
- Supports community based volunteers in day to day implementation;
- Support the Senior Project officers in accounting timely for executed project activities in line with and according to relevant ZOA policies and guidelines;
- Ensures project outputs are consistent with project proposals, log frames and in line with quality standards and country policies;
- Oversees and ensures implementation is in line with standards and policies of both ZOA and government of Uganda;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
- Provide inputs to implementation plans and activity/monthly reports;
- Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
- Prepare and submit inputs for success stories to the MEAL Senior Project officer;
- Collect and submit data to the MEAL Senior Project Officer/Project Manager;
Contribute to project reports or implementation plans as required by supervisor;
- Local government actors and relevant district offices;
- (if applicable) Lead and co-implementing partners under the project(s);
- Key project specific sector actors.
- ZOA Management;
- Members of the project team (Coordinator, Senior/Project Officers);
- Other project teams;
- Support staff.
The Project Officer does not supervise any staff as a direct supervisor. Depending on the project the Project Officer might work and oversee the work of community volunteers.
Characteristics of role
The Project Officer will be based in West Nile. Regular field visits to the project locations.
The role is 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/ week). Working hours are outlined in the ZOA Uganda Conditions of Service. Some flexibility on working hours may be required, e.g. for travel at weekends, or during reporting times.
Competencies – knowledge and experience
Knowledge & Experience:
- Diploma in Education, Development studies, Social Sciences, Psychology or any other similar discipline.
- Bachelor degree in the above mentioned field will be added advantage.
- At least 1 – 3 years of successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects;
- Good facilitation, communication skills and writing ability;
- Understanding of the local context, culture, and language(s);
- Experience with implementing projects funded by institutional donors is an added advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic;
- Good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word;
- Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to drive a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment;
- Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
- Experience of working with People with Disabilities is a plus
- Competencies – behaviour
• Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision and values (see
• Good interpersonal, organizational and intercultural sensitivity
• Able to plan and coordinate and work in an organized manner
• Able to bridge differences and bring people together
• High integrity
• Able to work independently
How To Apply for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the required qualification, experience, knowledge, skills, and attitude should send their applications to https://cvselection.net/project-officer-ECW
Applications should only include the following: cover letter and an updated CV (with three professional referees) of which two must be 2 professional references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer, and 1 character reference could be your pastor or priest.
Indicate only ‘Application Project Officer ECW on the subject line. Qualified candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th June 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .