Job Title: – Water Mission Uganda Jobs 2022 Accounts Assistant
Organization: Water Mission
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Water Mission Profile:
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission .
Under the direction of the Project Accountant- UNHCR, the Accounts Assistant is responsible for supporting the filing process of financial vouchers and follow-up of staff timesheets. This person will also act as the point of contact for the UNHCR project in Jinja districts and follow-up staff/vendor payments and accountabilities in those districts following established standards and procedures. This position requires that the person resides near the Jinja field office. This position requires travel to remote locations within Uganda to support the implementation of the Community Development aspects at all levels. A flexible working schedule is possible with this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Follow up with staff/vendors from Jinja on outstanding accountabilities and prepayments, review and stamp them for completeness and accuracy before posting in the system.
- Follow up with field staff to submit their fully approved timesheets by the 20th of the month. Review them for reasonableness, accuracy, and completeness before posting them in the system.
- Support the filing process of all financial vouchers and correspondences in well-labeled files in a chronological sequence for easy retrieval, emphasizing the UNHCR project.
- Participate in the financial verification and audits of both internal and external processes for all programs with a dedicated focus on the UNHCR project.
- Any other reasonable duties as allocated by your supervisor.
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional education preferred in BBA or related field.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Competent IT skills, particularly proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- High level of accuracy.
- Extremely organized in a manner that is easily read by others.
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to make field travels to remote locations within Uganda.
- Legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How To Apply for Water Mission Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.