Job Title: Team Assistant – UN OHCHR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Job Location: Kampala
UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights Profile:
In implementing the mandate of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, OHCHR Uganda carries out interventions under five thematic areas: Strengthening the rule of law and accountability for human rights violations; Enhancing and protecting Civic Space and people’s Participation; Integrating human rights in sustainable development; Enhancing equality and countering discrimination; and Increasing implementation of the international human rights mechanisms’ outcomes. OHCHR’s interventions relate to the provision of technical assistance, including legal advice and capacity building, monitoring of human rights issues, and engaging in advocacy, among others.
Performs clerical duties, including, but not limited to, mailing and filing correspondence, preparing payrolls, placing orders, and answering calls. Sorts and distributes incoming mail. Arranges meetings by reserving rooms and managing refreshments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Monitors processes and schedules related the administrative unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
- Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. procurement processes in regard to arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests etc.)
- Supports in monitoring and alerting on deadlines for submission of required procurement documentations
- Supporting the Administration Team leaders and Desk Officers in preparing and finalizing procurement documents,
- Assists in preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Assists in reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Assists in maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Assists in maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Assists in undertaking procurement function of sourcing for quotation and make analysis for the certification of the Administrative Officer and subsequently prepares commitment letter for approved purchases
- Administers invoices (match invoices received with procurement documents) and check for occurrence and arithmetic accuracy.
- Maintains good supplier relations and negotiations.
- Assists in researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Assists in preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports regarding procurement.
- Performs any other related duties assigned.
Education: At least a High school diploma or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting or other related areas.
Experience: At least 2 years of combined progressively responsible experience in related area of work. Also experience in general office support is desirable.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English.
How To Apply for OHCHR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .