Job Title: – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022 3 Programme Assistants (Cash Transfer)
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society
Duty Station: Imvepi Refugee Settlement, Rwamwanja Refugee Settlement & Palabek Refugee Settlement
Reports to: Program Officer – Cash Transfer
Uganda Red Cross Society Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Under the guidance of the Program Officer Cash Transfer, the Program Assistant – Cash Transfer will be responsible to ensure the project has achieved its intended objective in the respective refugee settlements of Imvepi, Rwamwanja and Palabek. She/he will be responsible for coordinating with other consortium partners regarding multipurpose cash transfer activities as well as participate in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project activities. She/he will establish good working relationships with all consortium members and other partners working in these refugee settlements and with the community local and government representatives. The Programme Assistant – Cash Transfer will also ensure the coordination of effective delivery of materials/inputs, conduct registration of complaints, and ensure proper distribution and documentation of project related items.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To implement the cash consortium related project activities by preparing detailed work plans and ensure proper implementation of planned activities within the project time frame.
- Work closely with the Program Officer – Cash Transfer technically and administratively with respective Branch Managers and other field staff.
- Oversee efficient and effective implementation of the URCS consortium project activities as per the project work plan.
- Participate in conducting project related training and meetings in the Imvepi, Rwamwanja and Palabek refugee settlements.
- Actively participate by organizing, guiding and working alongside consortium partners and selected volunteers to facilitate conduct surveys and assessments in Imvepi, Rwamwanja and Palabek refugee settlements.
- Working with consortium members to actively coordinate preparation and conducting post distribution monitoring (PDM) to ensure the program quality and collect lesson learnings.
- Coordinate URCS project volunteers and conducting quarterly quality assurance meetings at settlement level.
- Ensure complaints and feedback regarding the project and URCS at large are received, documented and acted upon on a timely manner.
- To coordinate and facilitate the distribution of project items to target beneficiaries and ensure adequate documentation of the same.
- Organize and share the weekly and monthly progress plan/reports according to URCS standard formats.
- Ensure that the program resources are implemented in a transparent and accountable manner and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Establish and maintain transparent and functional relationships with target communities, consortium partners and other actors working within the refugee settlements and the government representatives.
- When need be, participate in different representations or coordination meetings at the settlements and district level on behalf of URCS.
Minimum Qualifications for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Community Development, SWASA or a related field from a reputable organisation;
- Training on Cash and Voucher Assistance
- Training in Cash and Voucher Assistant is an added advantage.
- Relevant work experience in the profession will be an added advantage;
- Stakeholder management
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technology awareness
- Change capability and adaptability
- Manage resources
Knowledge & Skills
- High level of integrity;
- Pro-active in responding to changes in context and in communicating with internal colleagues and external stakeholders
- Strong skills in team/institutional capacity building, facilitation and collaborative problem solving approaches;
- Excellent diplomatic and relationship building skills;
- Very good interpersonal skills and cultural and politico-social sensitivity is preferable;
- Good organizational, administrative and logistical skills;
- Good leadership skills and ability to work on own initiative and to solve problems;
- Able to manage field teams dispersed across multiple locations
- Innovative thinking and analytical ability;
- Strong demonstrated skills working with external partners and bringing several stakeholders together for a common goal;
- Working, at times, under tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others to develop specific knowledge and skills, with a positive attitude towards learning & sharing.
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline : 15thAugust 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .