Senior Procurement Officer Country Office
Jobs at:The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal Republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international Cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda. GIZ is recruiting a Senior Procurement Officer to support the implementation of its programme.
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer Country Office
Reports to: Head Procurement and Contracts
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Contract duration 2 Years with possibility of extension
Ref. No GIZ-CO/SPO/072152
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
The Senior Procurement Officer is responsible for:
• Managing procurement of Financing Contracts, material, goods, services and works for the GIZ Country Office, Programs/Projects according to GIZ rules and regulations which will guarantee timely acquisition essential for project implementation and operations.
• Contract management for the different financing options as per GIZ guidelines
• Effective coordination with colleagues of the Department.
The Senior Procurement Officer performs the following tasks
Specific Tasks Procurement and Contracts
• Ensure that the all procurement contracts, finance agreements and local subsidies guidelines of GIZ are observed and adhered to at all stages of the procurement process.
• The incumbent will manage procurement and contracting process including: issuance of tenders, receipt and evaluation of offers, draft contracts and record them in the required GIZ systms.
• Actively participate in the evaluation exercises (expression of interest, Quotations, bids and proposals) and ensuring adherence to procedures and guidelines.
• Offer timely technical advice on procurement to projects and providers (all stakeholders).
• Preparation of Contracts, orders for review by the authorized signatories.
• Support contract management through monitoring orders of supplies, goods and works progress and delivery schedules and pointing out any shortcomings (in delivery, cost, quality and contract administration) to the line manager.
• Manage the procurement and disposal unit archive by ensuring proper referencing and keeping up to date procurement files for each procurement /disposal carried out as per GIZ guidelines.
• Keeps an up to date suppliers/ consultant's data base and conducts regular search for alternatives
• Prepare procurement progress reports, procurement weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
• Update and maintain complete procurement files and records including all correspondence, related to procurement activities and ensure that the records are safeguarded and properly kept for future reference.
• Organise pre-bid or Pre-proposal meetings and negotiation meetings.
• Participate in the preparation of bidding documents, request for proposals, consultants' shortlist and other documents based on relevant procedures for the procurement of goods, works and consultant services and facilitate the Post Procurement Reviews (PPR) exercise and follow up implementation of PPR recommendations.
• Receives and checks delivered material for the Country Office and for the Programmes/Projects.
• Advises suppliers of defective goods delivered and arranges necessary follow-ups. Checks suppliers' / consultants' invoices, delivery notes and any other relevant documents required to complete the file.
• Generate cosoft/prosoft report monthly to have all files completed contracts
closed in SAP.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties if required.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competences: Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Economics or other related courses. Possession of CIPS will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of professional working experience in a similar position.
• Excellent knowledge of procurement procedures and contract management.
Other Knowledge/ Skills:
• Demonstrable capacity for self-organization and the ability to take the initiative with minimal supervision.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, Internet) and standard computer programmes (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed with corresponding measures to be agreed with management.
• High degree of self-motivation and team spirit.
• Straight-forward communication and proficiency in English language.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All Interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] Applications and CVs should be in one Document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 8 August 2021. Please note. This is a national position, Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.